Personal View site logo
Best gear deals, direct from factories - CatchIt deals and Special deals. Also check Cameras, lenses, software, gear deals.
You support is vital for us. To keep this place ad free and independent, select one of the options below.
Donations are going to project support costs and work (hosting, etc).
I am spending good amount of time on it and your support allows to improve and expand this site.
contribution size
Books: Free books about street photography

A book about street photography in the digital age. Forget what you know about
    street photography and read how Thomas Leuthard (85mm) explores the street with
    his camera. Find useful tips and tricks on how to approach people, getting closer to
    them and get the best out of you street experience. His workflow starts without a
    camera and ends in the galeries of this World. It's not about the Decisive Moment
    or how you setup your camera. It's more about the approach of getting a success-
    ful street photographer who will build a successful community around the World.
    It's all about sharing and socializing. You will be taken to a journey through the big
    cities of this World looking into the eyes of strangers. Candid is the key word and
    you will not be disappointed. Stay tuned for an exclusive book which will change
    your life as a street photographer...

http://book.85mm.ch/GoingCandid.pdf

While the first book was about the basics, this book is more advanced and contains a
    lot of personal thoughts and ideas. I tried to explain what Street Photography means
    to me and how I see it. It contains more than 30 short chapters about the different
    areas and topics of street photography. It should help beginners to understand the
    process of making story telling photos and to improve your personal style as a street
    photographer. Together with the first book it will be a good reference for anyone who
    wants to become a street photographer.

http://book.85mm.ch/CollectingSouls.pdf
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • great books

• Nice books, stupid approach. If I was to try this where I live I would end up punched in the face in the first 5 min.