Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Does anyone have a bricked GH1 with a good sensor
  • Hi guys,
    I have an old GH1 and well as my GH2. I sold the GH1 recently on ebay and it was returned shortly after for a refund with a fault I hadn't seen before. I couldn't be bothered to argue, even though it arrived back covered in grease! The sensor had lines appearing on it... usually pink or brightly coloured and sometimes just a few, sometimes in their thousands. It was out of warranty but i sent it to the only uk panasonic service center DKAVS and they quoted me £450 to fix it. Well the camera is only worth £300 so it wasn't worth it. They said they needed to replace the mirror mount box which i take it is just the sensor, lens mount assembly. I was hoping someone may have a bricked GH1 sitting on their desk that isn't worth fixing that i could buy at a decent price to put this one back on the road. If anyone does, it would be great to hear from you. Also if anyone has an exploded diagram or workshop manual of some kind, that would be very helpful.
    Thanks. Nick
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions