Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Interesting mic preamp
  • http://www.swamp.net.au/usb-computer-audio-interface.html

SWAMP X-USB - XLR to USB Audio Interface This simple yet ingenious device provides all the features of larger USB audio interfaces at a fraction of the cost, and saves a great deal of space too! Don't let your home studio become cluttered with pre-amps and USB interfaces, when you could do it all with a device smaller than your fist. Velcro straps allow you to attach it to a mic stand, so you won't even know it's there!

Monitor while you Record Featuring a 3.5mm headphone output, this device allows you to monitor (hear) yourself whilst recording. Plus allowing you to playback a pre-recorded track while you are recording another over the top. Adjust the playback/monitor ratio easily with the centre dial, and the output volume with the bottom dial. This is functionality required for professional home studio's and comes at a fraction of the cost with the X-USB.

iPad Compatible - Professional Recording on the Move! We have just tested the SWAMP X-USB audio interface with a iPad version 4, and have found that it works seemlessly with both dynamic and condenser mics. A 'camera connection kit' is required to enable a regular USB cable to be inserted into the iPad. The X-USB preamp is stong enough to push 0dB of signal to the iPad input, and as with a computer, the signal is totally noiseless. Now you can record professional audio on the go.

Phantom Power 48V The X-USB even supplies 48V phantom power at the touch of a button, so you can use condenser mics to get that professional studio quality sound anywhere you go. It supplies this phantom power from the computer ir iPad through the USB connection, so no batteries needed.

All this combined with plug and play compatibility with both Windows and Mac, means it has never been easier to plug in and record anytime, anywhere.

Included:

1x X-USB XLR to USB Preamp / Audio Interface 1x USB cable Specifications:

Resolution: 16bit A/D Converter, XLR to USB 44.1kHz/48kHz Sampling Rate 48V Phantom Power and Switch Adjustable Gain Adjustable Headphones Monitoring out LED Indicator USB Powered Signal Boost Gain: +20dB Plug and Play with Win2000, XP, Vista, Windows7, Windows8 Compatible with all MAC OSX Details

$69.99 Aussie dollars

image image

image.jpg
    778 x 1200 - 113K
    image.jpg
    892 x 1200 - 223K
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • I'm interested in seeing if this could be adapted as a headphone monitor, preamp, controller for feeding to a Zoom or similar recorder or even direct to camera in. There are cables available the convert USB to 3.5mm audio Male that might be all that is need to utilise the USB out. Output is reported as noiseless from the preamp.

Think I might order it and have a fiddle, might be suitable as a duel purpose device.

• Looks interesting. These Swamp Industries guys do some good products. I'm about to test the ISK mic I got after hearing the audio from your beach video. I'll probably do a mini shootout of Swamp ISK vs Rode NTG-2. Would love to hear how you get on with this if you get one.

• Nothing new. Shure has had the X2u for a while. Exactly the same thing. I don't know if the Shure is iPad compatible.