Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Hacked GH2 - and some dumb newbie questions.
  • A real newbie scenario here, and I’m hoping you’ll forgive my naivety.

I’ve hacked my GH2. I did it a few times, I struggled a little as I have a mac, but have a bunch of hacks on the card, and the camera updated. I’m now at the experimentation phase.

I’m using a Sandisk 32gb card/95 mbs

I chose a random few hacks, for no particular reason. And many thanks to the particular authors of the hacks for the hard work.

The hacks I have are :

Driftwood 244m GOP1

Driftwood 132m GOP3_AQ2

Driftwood 176m_GOP1_NOAQ

44m GOP12_AG4

66m_44m_GOP12_AQ2

something by @kae for 1080/24pH GOP3

Now- dumb questions time. Forgive me…

Where are they on the camera ? How do I locate the specific hacks ? Under which menu/location?

Do the hacks now reside in the camera, or on the SD card. i.e. can I scrub the SD card when it is full and will my hacks remain on the camera, or does the SD card always have to have the GH2__V10 file.

I’m primarily interested in upping the bit rate and the quality, seeing how I fare with the GH2, alongside to my larger camcorder (the AGAC 160). Matching the nitrates between the cameras, if I can find the settings, would be ideal.

But seeing what I have hacked, and controlling how I select the variables I’ve installed, is a bit of a mystery.

Many thanks.

• 1 Reply sorted by