Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Paintings of Umbria
  • Again and again I am fascinated by travelling to Italy! This is a piece about Umbria, a region south of Tuscany in Italy, where everything revolves around the "Lago Trasimeno", a lake called the green diamond. I wanted to recreate the look of ancient landscape paintings as I felt it was fitting perfectly to the dramatic weather we had over the course of the 14 days..

The music is from Mozart, Clarinet Concerto in A major, played by The Fulda Symphonic Orchestra, Bruce Edwards & Simon Schindler, licenced via Creative Commons.

follow me on twitter: twitter.com/gunmac

Shot on the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, mostly on the Sigma 18-35 f1.8 with the metabones BMPCC Speedbooster. Sounds recorded with a Zoom H2.

Let me know what you think!

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • @GMC

Truly great!

• Very nice! Beautiful shots, fantastic grade, and nicely paced.

I would have timed the orchestral tutti entrance of the main theme with a more dramatic moment than the poster on the wall, but perhaps I'm nitpicking because I love that work so much (I performed it a few months ago).

What was your methodology for adding sharpening?

O

• @GMC Looks really really nice. Safe to say there was heavy grad filters used here? Also would be curious to know if you shot raw or prores and what your grading approach was.

• @Hallvalla thanks for watching!

• @_OZ wow, you performed this Mozart piece? Very interesting - and your comment is understandable, given your personal involvment in the music! For a very long time I wanted to use this Mozart piece on a video, but it never felt appropriate. This time it did (for me).

Thanks for watching, best regards Gunther

• @racer5 in terms of filters I used Heliopan VariND & IR Cut filters, the look really was achieved in post. I used Lightroom to grade this (everything is shot in RAW), as I did not have enough time to properly learn Resolve yet. Just the regular default sharpening of Lightroom was used.

• @gmc beautifully shot and colour corrected. What was the workflow like in lightroom for colour correction?