Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4 wont update to 1.1
  • My GH4 wont see the new firmware. I copied the .bin file to the root like I've done a million times before with the gh2 but the cam wont recognize it. What should I troubleshoot first? Thanks

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • Try resetting the cam's native mode to factory default (NTSC, PAL, Cinema whatever it came with) and then formatting the card again. Re-copy the firmware bin file over and turn cam off. Insert card turn on, wait for the status rundown to complete, and hit the play button. Hopefully that will work. It worked for a friend having the same problem.

• You are having the same problem I had at first. The reason I think is because you probably downloaded the AH4_V11.zip when you actually need the GH4_V11.zip which you can get here:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SCANNER-Digital-CAMERA-WEBCAM/Panasonic/Panasonic-DMC-GH4-Camera-Firmware-11.shtml

you could probably rename the AH4_V11.zip to GH4_V11.zip but I just downloaded from the site above and everything works.

See if this helps.

• Hey @shian, I did exactly what you said but it still wont comply. What else do you think I should try before I call pany?

• @bleach551 Nah I wish I did make that mistake but I have the GH4 file. Thanks for trying though. I appreciate it.

• That was what happened to me I kept trying over and over again , until I actually looked at the zip file I downloaded from Panasonic and it was the AH4_V11.zip. Double check if you don't mind me asking. This is what You get when you download from the Panasonic Website I saw linked to the update I think, Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Try reformatting the memory card.

• @bleach551 I double checked and its the right one. I'm gunna try it on my pc instead of my mac to see if that makes a difference.

• @Volt Have you tried using another card formatted in the GH4 to install the .bin file to its Root directory?

• Most usual reason - battery is not fully charged.

• VK's right, it won't do it unless the battery reads a "true 100%" (not just 3 bars on the meter)... charge that sucker till the light goes out, and try it again.

• Thanks for the help guys. It ended up being the card. It can record 4k just fine but can't update a bin file. Go figure lol.