Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH4 & Render settings
  • Hi there,

I've just got registered on this forum, after only reading (and learning!) for a while. Thanks for that! I've recently bought the Panasonic GH4 and now I'm about to finish my first videoproduction with it.

I've attached my project properties and render settings, but i'm wondering: what are the best render settings for the best image quality? And what are the best settings for Vimeo/YouTube purposes? In terms of bitrate, etc.

I will capture my footage @ 4K, but I will render it as a .mp4 full HD file.

Hope to hear from you!

Rendersetting1.jpg
    571 x 837 - 135K
    Projectsettings1.jpg
    507 x 748 - 127K
  • 2 Replies sorted by
  • "Best" image quality means you want to preserve the native bit rate as much as possible. Since the 4k is captured at 100Mbps, you want to exceed or match it... However, for YT and Video, they will compress the file more to prepare it for streaming so it will never be as good as the original.

What I do is render at the highest bitrate I can, then save the output so I can view the original on a computer screen or media player hooked up to my TV. You can send that same file to YT, and after the it's out of your control.

You will find the Sony Vegas forum more useful than this forum for software settings and such.

• Hi Mistas,

Thank u for ur comment!

If I render with a bitrate of 100Mbps, the file is much larger right? Is that desirable for the end customer?

I mean: the video file has to stay playable. Which bitrate would u advise in this case?