Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
UK: Parasitism
  • The number of people who receive more in benefits and public services than they pay in tax is at record levels, official figures show.

More than half of households now take more from the public purse than they contribute, thanks to a generation of surging Government expenditure.

It has left a minority of middle class taxpayers bearing a growing share of the tax bill.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/tax/10929370/More-than-half-of-homes-take-more-than-they-contribute.html

It is quite scary that will happen soon.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • Don't believe everything you read from a right wing newspaper...

• Don't believe everything you read from a right wing newspaper...

It is not newspaper, it is just article referencing statistics.

And it has nothing to do with "right" or "left", it is about how broken things are. Not in UK only.

• ^fact denying liberal. Its starting to get that way here in the u.s.

• I run a small business in London. The housing costs are now so astronomical that all my staff that are entitled to housing benefit receive more than they put back in. It is the policy of successive governments (legalising zombie banks, balance sheet fraud, ZIRP, help-to-buy scams, tax advantages for landlords over owner-occupiers etc) that has led to this dreadful situation.

I wouldn't characterise my staff as parasites - it is the bankers, rentiers and their enablers in government and the legal system who are the true parasites. On a financial benefit basis, board-level bankers working at bailed-out banks are the biggest welfare scroungers on the planet.

• That's a real shame.... I was always raised on self reliance and hard work to get by. In my opinion the banksters are to blame just as much as the people. It takes one who is willing to be enabled to have one who is willing to enable as such.

• @onion - agreed 100 percent

• @mrbill @ewstrobe2009

With all personal issues to PM, or better just avoid fighting.