Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
For sale: Oscar Sound Tech TL-40 Lavalier with extras!
  • I'm switching to the Rode MiCon system for my lavalier needs, and am selling my Oscar Sound Tech TL-40 lav. It's a great mic. Arguably better than the Rode lavalier, and less expensive. I've always been very gentle with it, and it's in as good condition as ever. However, 75% of what I shoot is hard-wired, and I've had one hell of a time trying to get an XLR adapter that works reliably on the OST.

• Oscar Sound Tech TL-40 Lavalier with Sennheiser locking TRS plug ($90 value) (works with standard 1/8" TRS mic jacks, and Sennheiser wireless units).
    • Original waterproof carrying case ($20 value) (note: the OST sticker pealed off, and one corner of the foam in the top was cut off)
    • 5x black foam windscreens ($10 value) (paint them various colors to blend better!)
    • 1x metal lapel clip ($15 value)
    • 3x plastic lapel clips ($15 value)
    • 2x Provider Series Power Adapters ($60 value each). Neither of these work work reliably, and are being sold as-is. Please see the note below. The screw holding on the belt clip on one of them is loose and won't tighten, but the belt clip stays on anyway.
    • 1x Provider Series PPA-SENN plug for mics with Sennheiser plugs ($30 value)
    • 1x Provider Series PPA-AUT plug for mics with Audio Technica plugs ($30 value) -Never had a chance to test this, as I don't have an AT style mic.

At retail (new) prices, that's a $270 value.

I'll sell it all for $110, plus $10 shipping within the US.

Most of these things have been lightly used, and again, please note that some or all of the Provider Series products may be defective. They were all purchased new in the past month, and throughout my testing they have not worked reliably. Sometimes they suddenly worked great. More often, they don't work at all, sending in a very quiet signal. There may be a short inside, or maybe the plugs are broken. Maybe I'm just dumb, and maybe you'll have better luck. But I will not accept returns on this package if your problem is with the any of the Provider Series items.

• 2 Replies sorted by