Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Replacement flex cable for 14-140 zoom
  • Hi guys, I am having a hard time finding a flex cable part to replace a defective unit in my lumix 14-140mm zoom HVS014140.

The lens is actually at a repair shop, which is how I know the flex is the problem.

But the repair person stumbled upon the problem that there is no orderable part number, and it is not showing on ebay.

So he basically told me that if I couldn´t find the part, he could not do the repair.

Panny already replied this lame answer:

npcparts@us.panasonic.com 3:37 PM (17 hours ago)

Dear Pedro, I am sorry the Flex Cable is not supplied as a service part.

Mike D11 Parts Data Coordinator Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company

Am I to assume that for an $20 buck part I will loose a $500 lens ? Remember I am in Costa Rica, son not many local or even regional options... please guys a little help!!!

Thanks!

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • And? Find good service center.

• Thank you Vitaly, the lens is at the only local service center in Costa Rica. Before even attempting to ship it to a service center in US, I´d rather find out if the flex cable can be purchased or not... any clues as to this ?

• Buy a broken lens.

• Hi balazer, I did try ebay, but no broken ones showing up... do you have any other suggestions as to where I could find a broken one ? Thanks!