Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Source for replacement parts for Rokinon 85mm Cine?
  • So I bought a Rokinon 85mm Cine for Nikon on eBay last year for an absurdly low price, but it has a broken aperture mechanism. The internal components work fine, but the mechanism that connects the aperture to the external control on the rear element, as well as to the actual aperture ring, are broken. When I got it the aperture ring and rear aperture control worked, but it wouldn't open past around f/2.8. After taking it apart and tinkering with it, I got it to stay open at f/1.4, but in the process I lost control through the aperture ring, and can only adjust it by taking the lens off and manually moving the lever on the Nikon mount. I think some of the parts are bent, and the spring doesn't have enough tension to overcome that resistance and close the shutter back down again.

Basically, I need a new rear Nikon mount, and the parts to replace the mechanism that connects the rear mount to the internal aperture control rod / lever thing. My guess is it's the same parts as I would need, if I wanted to convert a 85mm Cine for Canon to Nikon. Just the parts that have to do with Nikon.

People here seem pretty clever, and savvy to sources for obscure asian camera technologies, direct from the manufacturers. Wondering, if anyone happens to know where I could find these replacement parts? Google hasn't turned up anything yet.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @Sangye

You can just try to write them email or call, or their US dealer.

• The US dealer for Rokinon said they can't send me replacement parts, but if I mail it to them and it's an easy fix they may do it for free. Still, I'd rather fix it myself. I'll try the US dealers for Samyang and Bower too, since the parts are identical.