Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Electronic aperture lens setting before adapting
  • Hey all, I am very sorry if this has been posted before, but I have a few simple questions.

I own a fotodiox EF-m/43 adapter with aperture control. Till now i was using a lens with manual aperture control, but Ive bought a lens which has electronic aperture. Should I have the lens opened all the way to the largest aperture before adapting ( It goes down to 1.4) or is it recommended to stop it down?

Also, if it is open all the way and I am controlling it with the fotodiox adapter aperture control...how does this, in your experience, affect the sharpness and depth of field? Does it act similarly to the way it would if used on a canon. Thanks in advance! :D

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Should I have the lens opened all the way to the largest aperture before adapting ( It goes down to 1.4) or is it recommended to stop it down?

But idea it must not matter. Btw, we also must have topic about such adapters, I mean EF with electronic aperture control.