Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH1 skin peeling
  • I bought my GH1 from B&H (last batch) and notice that corner starts peeling and then saw stonebat's comment and did more research and looks like it is a common problem for GH1 and G1 etc.

Last night, I emailed Panasonic support and they told me I can send it to Panasonic US support (I am from Canada) and they can send me a refurb. unit.

I am just wondering has anyone send in their GH1 or older G1 (having similar problem) recently? What kind of refurb. unit you are getting back? I haven't talk to live support yet, don't know who is going to pay for international shipping back and forth and worry I would get tax by Canada when shipping back to me if they don't label it as warranty replacement properly.
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • After all day outdoor time-lapsing on a sizzling hot day, it began peeling off at the bottom of the hand grip. But I'm not returning mine for little skin off. They have nothing but refurbished ones.
  • Yeah.. maybe I should keep my brand-new to me camera instead of getting some unknown refurb. one.
  • My pany 14-140mm now has loosen zoom rubber, very annoying.