Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Hoi An People
  • Viet Nam - this word stirred all kind of associations in my mind. When I finally had a chance to visit this country on a very short business trip, I was very curious. I had one day in the old world heritage city of Hoi An. I did what I always love to do: submerse myself into the local markets, flavors, sounds ... have fun with this little snippet of Viet Nam!

follow me on twitter: twitter.com/gunmac

Shot on Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera in raw, using a ZOOM H2 for the all natural sound via "line in" on the BMPCC. I used almost exclusively the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 and on some shots the Rokinon 85mm T1.5, both with the BMPCC speed booster - a fantastic combo by the way!

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • I miss Vietnam.... good time there. This is superb footage. A great lil' camera in great hands. It's always about the operator - thanks for sharing.

• Looks awesome. How did you color grade?

• @lunalobo75 thank you for watching and the nice comment!

• @tonalt I used Adobe Lightroom to debayer and grade this!

• Great slice of life from a different world @GMC.

• Great video!

I dig the scalloped fretboard on the guys guitar.

• Wow, really beautiful.

I was in Vietnam last month, in Ho Chi Minh City and Saigon and a boat ride to the Mekong Delta. Here are some stills I shot there with a Tokina 11-16 f2.8 and a GH2 https://www.flickr.com/photos/28011082@N02/sets/72157642549755763/ (Actually most of the river photos I shot with the Lumix 45-200, and some evening shots of skateboarders with a Nikon 35mm f2.8 G lens)

• Thanks @_gl!

• @alienhead thanks for your comment, have to look at your photos now!

• @jpbturbo, yes, funny.

• @alienhead, wow, nice photos you have there!

• Thanks @GMC! Looking at my comment I see I put down the wrong info on one of the lenses, the Nikon 35mm is the f1.8. It's a nice inexpensive lens (about $200 US new). But I have the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 now so I only use it sometimes when I'm traveling because it's so light.