Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
looking for a monopod with heavy base plate
  • I want to place a camera at a concert stage and want it to be stable but not taking up too much space saw Springsteen using several "robot" cameras, all on single leg with heavy base plate on the ground, like an umbrella on your balcony...you know what I mean... any suggestions or alternatives for what I am looking for thanks for any tips

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • It is simple. Go to sport shop and look at the round weights for barbells. After this just find proper hole diameter and use some wood parts to fix end of your tripod. The bigger the weight - the more stable the thing.

• thanks for the tip but I want to use a monopod, one leg only, looking for a stable one to start with, then I can go to the sport shop ;-)

• @olli66

Any good monopod will do for the task, even cheap, just get one with bigger diameter leg.

• I could be wrong but won't you get a little swaying movement with that setup. Why not use a tripod and just keep the legs very close to each other, so it doesn't take up much space. You could also stabilize this further with some weigh attached to bottom of tripod's center column or something.

• I could be wrong but won't you get a little swaying movement with that setup.

He won't, until it'll be very windy. :-) if weight is enough and fixing is proper and tight it must be ok.

Why not use a tripod and just keep the legs very close to each other, so it doesn't take up much space.

It will be pretty unstable and can even shift level from small bump if floor is smooth.

• Makes sense. Somehow sway seems like possibility, but easy to build and test.