Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Which movie mode works for which hack? How is this identified?
  • Newbie here trying to figure this out. When a new hack is out like the moon t7, does this work across all movie settings (i.e. cinema mode, hbr) or just specific one? Similarly, will this work when I save as 1080i vs 720p vs JPEG? In other words, all these hacks, do they work the hbr magic at all settings? Some do specify this but other don't. Would appreciate some input and/or pointing me to the right forum/post for this. Thanks

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @abfaria An FAQ would be nice, but it'd be complicated. Not all memory cards can handle the patches. So you'd have to test each patch in each video mode with a range of memory cards. And even then, your own mileage may vary. And new patches are developed, which means a lot of updating.

So even if there was an FAQ-- and there really ought to be-- here's what I suggest:

a) Buy at least one Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gig card. That's the most reliably card for spanning at high bitrates. b) Test out two or three of the most notable patches for yourself. Don't try them all. I've tried Intravenus II, Moon T7, and Cake 2.3. c) Take notes and keep them handy.