Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Video cameras for TV studio on budget
  • Hi everyone! So here's the deal - I have a task to choose two pro cameras for a live broadcast oriented television studio. The budget is pretty tiny, only 5000$. As I understand, besides the cameras I will need HDMI-SDI converters (because their broadcasting hardware has only 2 x BNC SDI/ASI inputs and outputs). So those have to be included included in the budget.

I've thought about Panasonic AG-AC90 (costs around 2000$) that seems pretty nice in terms of capabilities for its price. Any other options? And what about HDMI-SDI converters for about 500$? Help would be very appreciated.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Consider second hand ex1's

• Rent something better?

• Rent is not an option. Those cameras have to be stationary 24\7. Considering the fact that the studio will be well-lit I thought that I could achieve acceptable results with less priced cameras.

• Blackmagic cinema cameras? If you shoot for limited time and not 24/7 and not handheld (due to heat dissipation + rolling shutter + convenience / ergonomy issues). You'd have a budget for glass and ND's which would give you great flexibility in terms of look you can create (shallow or deep DOF), especially so if you can apply LUT's in your mixer.

As with any cam, check that it will work with the hardware you are using, that there are compatible signals.