Personal View site logo
GH3 ordering and availability topic
  • 239 Replies sorted by
  • vat taxes are the worst. Read the fine print!

• I'd like to recall my last comment, local Panasonic store in UK has quoted me £1549 for GH3 + 12-35 X lens!

That certainly brings it in line with US price and EU.

Wexphotographic will have to reduce their price if that is the case.

• @Sph1nxster £1549 for GH3 + 12-35 X lens - are you sure? Which shop?

• I've just received email confirming that the GH3 + 12-35 X lens will be available in 3 weeks time.

Shop = Geddes and Mellis - Elgin, Scotland - Panasonic Store

http://www.geddesandmellis.co.uk/

I still can't really believe it, but maybe these larger stores are taking advantage of all the hype. I am as sceptical as you are.

• @sph1nxster I take it that doesn't include VAT ?

If Panasonic have the 12-35mm kit gh3 in stock in a few weeks, I will need to pop into the Dumfries or Inverness shop :)

• @gib Good point.... i have asked the question.

In any case, still £1800, which although is higher than US is perhaps an easier option than messing about with customs and NTSC

• "Price correct and inclusive of VAT" - £1549

Thats what I have just received back in an email from the shop.

• @Sph1nxster

It is not "I don't like GH3 price" topic :-)

• I like GH3 price..... I think Panasonic have hit this one bang on when it comes to incorporating many PRO features and with only a marginal price increase.... bravo!

What I do not like is the fact that prior to an official UK price announcement, many larger camera distributors are jumping on the "Holy Grail of Cameras" hype and charging a scandalous premium for it.

Rant over..... :)

• B&H GH3 stock status update. It looks like the GH3 is scheduled to be in stock at B&H in the next two weeks. However, if you order through them it is non-cancelable and non-returnable. That is a huge caveat especially with all of the concerns about moire that have not been fully tested yet.

This is an email I just got.

Dear Customer Thank you for your interest in the following item:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Black) (B&H # PADMCGH3B) You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when this item becomes available. This item is now available as a Special Order and is non-cancelable and non-returnable. Estimated arrival at B&H is 7-14 business days (subject to availability). You will be charged upon placing your order. Please click the URL below to view the item:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=PADMCGH3B&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

If clicking the above link does not direct you to the product page, please copy and paste B&H item code PADMCGH3B into the search box located on the upper left-hand side of our website.

*Please note: This notification was sent to customers on a first-come first-served basis. The item was available at the time we sent this email. Due to the demands on our inventory we cannot guarantee that this item will remain available.

If the item is no longer available by the time you visit our website, you may opt-in again by clicking here. You will then be placed at the front of the queue when the item becomes available again. We appreciate your business.

• As soon as the new year begins, say good bye to tax-free online shopping. Plus higher sales tax revisions on the way. No Questions Asked Return Policy would become a thing of past due to higher domestic and international shipping costs.

• Prices in Norway just released:

1360 € / $1749 USD / 9995 NOK Camera House

2041 € / $2610 USD / 14995 NOK 14-140 Kit

2449 € / $3132 USD / 17995 NOK 12-35 kit

That is a 60% increase in price compared to the GH2 when it was released. It is also worth noting is that Panasonic now positions this camera in with the full frame boys, just slightly cheaper than Nikon D600 / D800 and Canon 5d. It is going to be fun to see how this thing compares in the real world. Because Panasonic clearly wants to officially take on video segment of the HDSLR market. Marketing the GH3 as a pro tool, and not a hobbist camera. The sad part is that this leaves the pro-sumer segment a bit behind. At least price-wise.

• Are there People from Switzerland here? Maybe i can get some GH3 for 1'250 Swiss Francs and a Deliver-Date of Dec. 15th! Would anyone be interesseted in Mass-Ordering?

• Amazon-uk's price at 1.990euros or 2.547 dollars is simply unacceptable.

• Lowest prices in Switzerland today are:

GH3 body: 994 € / 1272 $
    GH3 bundle with 14-140: 1493 € / 1911 $

• I got news that in Switzerland some shops will get limited amount of GH3 as soon as next friday. I will decide in the next few days if i buy it or not. All options and features already sold me, now i just want to make sure that the quality of recordings is not a step backward in the "video-ish" look. If it's fine then in less than a week I'll have a new tool in my hands :)

• Ok, so the body only is ~1230$ without tax in Czech Repubic, and we should be getting first batch of bodies (not a big amount) probably tomorrow.

• @MarkV

Seems good.

it looks like real progress from Panasonic compared to GH2 story.

• 13 december is in Netherlands

• According to my dealer next week in Germany. But no precise date yet.

• Samys in La will have them on Thursday 11/29/2012.

• My local dealer Glazers in Seattle, is having a Panasonic day on 11/30, with the tag line come and meet the GH3.

• Any word when B&H will have them? If they'll be in LA on Thursday, I'd imagine that B&H will get them before 5 Dec.

• UK Only.

Panasonic dealers have them in now. Panasonic Store in Brighton will have 6 available this week. Two today, two tomoz and two more Friday.

Battery and Grip are showing out of stock at Warehouse confirmed by my source. But will be delivered Friday to warehouse. Orders will be processed from next Monday.