Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • A smartphone or a tablet can be used as a remote controller and a "remote monitor".

• The DMC-GH3 is capable of real-time image output on the external monitor via an optional HDMI mini cable simultaneously while recording video. It is suitable for the professional video making that requires serious monitoring of the imageries. You can choose to output only the recording content or the content with the setting menus individually depending on a display.

• @hedrox yes it does support 1080 50p/60p, but All-I frames for 720p mode only.

• @mpgxsvcd I wonder if it can output 24p and 60p via hdmi.

• Lumix GH3 prices, available November 2012, in black (sorry @vk):

• GH3 body-only 1.199,- Euro (UVP)
    • GH3 w/ Lumix G X Vario 2,8/12-35mm 2.199,- Euro (UVP)
    • GH3 w/ Lumix G Vario 4-5,8/14-140mm 1.799,- Euro (UVP)

according to Igor and DIeter

• Important note about taking stills during videos.

*2 Not available at 60p (NTSC) / 50p (PAL) in AVCHD / MOV, 60i (NTSC) / 50i (PAL) in AVCHD, or 40 % / 48% slow-motion setting.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Looks like dpreview needs to correct that on their site. Also, I need to get some food before I starve. All this news scavenging has made me miss dinner.

• The Multi Exposure function lets you take up to four exposures in a single frame. You can layer subjects that wouldn't ordinarily appear in the same frame for an artistic effect, or make one subject appear two or three times in the same frame.

This is going to be really cool for Astro Photography.

• So thats a 200 EUR hike compared to the list of GH2 with the 14-140 at introduction.

1000 EUR for the pro glass X 12-35 in the kit

• @mpgxsvcd

Plus use > for citations from Panasonic site, ok?

• @stonebat you are right, I edited my post when I saw it´s IPB compression only, but I´m happy 50p is there in mov container... goodbye avchd

• In regards to anamorphic shooting it appears we won't get the highly wanted option to shoot video in 4:3. Too bad...

• I hate this part about auto ISO being limited to ISO 3200.

(Extended ISO125 - less under 200, ISO more over 12800 - 25600 available) (Up to ISO3200 in Auto)

• @mlysbakken +1. That's a great loss of pixels when cropping 4:3 on already cropped 16:9.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Sorry. I fixed most of them.

• :) Good news remains to be seen if I sell the GH2, or take the GH2 and GH3? I'm lost: D I would like your opinion on the topic XD

• @hedrox I like AVCHD. And I like MOV. But putting them in a same room... I don't like. They might step on each others feet.

• What would be the reasoning behind the slow motion speeds 40% / 48% / 80% / 160% / 200% / 300%. I am guessing it is derived/determined from clock frequencies readily available in the camera, thoughts? I ask out of curiousity

• @gokuan003 Don't sell Gh2 yet. If you can, keep it.

• Still Images: 1/4,000 - 60 and Bulb Motion Images: 1/16,000 - 1/30 (NTSC), 1/16,000 - 1/25 (PAL)

Good bye ND filters for video!

I wonder if it will do 1/16,000 with electronic shutter for stills?

• @kavadni

24 / .4 = 60

24 / .48 = 50

24 / .8 = 30

And so on. Panasonic engineers love integers.

• I wonder if it will do 1/16,000 with electronic shutter for stills?

We'll know soon

• @stonebat

Yep, no 48p, my most loved mode.

Will be waiting for firmware :-)

• @mpgxsvcd Why are you saying goodbye to ND filters for video? if you want to record motion blur as a human eye does, wouldn't you always need ND filters to stay around 1/60 shutter?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Waiting for your firmware or theirs?

HDMI output is 1080p. Not sure if that is 60p, 30p, or 24p though.

mini HDMI TypeC Video: Auto / 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 480p (576p in PAL system) Audio: Dolby® Digital

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions