Personal View site logo
GH2 Hacking for Lower ISO?
  • I did a quick search on this and couldn't find anything but I apologize if this has been discussed before.

I'm curious if anyone has hacked the GH2 firmware to develop lower ISO settings than 160. Is that even possible with the camera? I'd love to be able to shoot at 100 or even 80 or 50.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Pretty sure how low the iso can go in any digital camera depends on the sensor. It's a photon thing, rather than a firmware thing.

• A neutral density filter is probably your best bet.

• Every camera has few ISO settings that is determinated by sensor (or amplifiers if they are separate). All else is made by processing raw data. So, may be you can do 50 ISO by software, but it'll have zero point.

• thanks for the replies!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Every camera has few ISO settings that is determinated by sensor (or amplifiers if they are separate). All else is made by processing raw data. So, may be you can do 50 ISO by software, but it'll have zero point.

Is it solved that way also in Nikon D800? Setting ISO 50 (L.03) looks quite good there. Software manipulation of RAW files? Thx in forward if you can answer this, I know you're so busy.

• Magic Lantern has the ability for lower iso with there firmware on the Canon cameras