Personal View site logo
Idiots: US and UK plan to return to their pirate roots
  • Congressman Gooden proposed using letters of marque to seize Russian yachts

Member of the US House of Representatives, Republican Lance Gooden found a way to seize yachts and planes belonging to Russians who fell under US sanctions. On the Fox News channel, he suggested using letters of marque, TASS reports.

Gooden recalled that the right to issue letters of marque still belongs to the US Congress. According to the Republican, they should also be used in cyberspace to allow US non-government hackers to target specific government officials.

Such evidence appeared during the Sailing Fleet times, the government document allowed a private vessel to attack and capture the courts belonging to the enemy Power, and transfer them to the Admiralty court for further sale.

and UK:

A new law passed in the UK gives the British authorities the power to detain Russian ships. This is stated in a statement released on Tuesday by the UK Foreign Office.

"Russian vessels will be banned from UK ports following a new round of UK sanctions against Russia. The ban will apply to all vessels owned or operated by anyone associated with Russia, and the authorities will have new powers to detain Russian vessels," the statement said. .

Britain's Department of Transportation has previously explained that the ban would apply to any vessel that London assesses is owned, controlled, chartered or operated by any person associated with Russia or sanctioned and that flies the Russian flag and is registered in Russia.

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I think you mean UK's privateer roots as they're grabbing pirate ships paid for with money stolen from the Russian people. Important to remember who the pirates are. Who the invaders are. Who the outlaws are. Dunno what happened to this place, used to be about making cheap cameras into good cameras to give regular folks a seat at the table. Now it's a cheer club for oligarchs and despots. For a citizen of lawless dictatorship to protest asset seizure is Orwellian. Btw, been following this place for years and most of what Vitaly says will happen in politics and economics never happens. I mean you'd think a blind squirrel would occasionally find an acorn. According to him, the US should be a smoldering dystopia at this point. He knows camera software and gear, not the future, or even the present.

• @gunlusting

Dunno what happened to this place, used to be about making cheap cameras into good cameras to give regular folks a seat at the table.

Big capitalists corporations happened. Thing I told from Day 1. This guys are bad dealing with people and making cheap cameras, but good at making wars.

Btw, been following this place for years and most of what Vitaly says will happen in politics and economics never happens.

I think ti is perfect that you can check any past post. Most things happened.

As for US and EU - don't be too fast. Metropolies never fell so fast. Their issues are fundamental and fight for survival will be enormous.

• @gunlusting Not everyone agrees with Vitaly here and he doesn't agree with Putin. But where he does follow Putin is in the indiscriminate way he sprays words around like Nazi or idiot. I agree with you, a supreme messianic leader with a longstanding festering grievance who, first denies that he is going to, then invades his weaker neighbouring country with massive force and violence, claiming he is saving a few of his ethnic brothers - that all has a sense of deja vu about it. But I don't want to call Putin a Nazi. Hitler was uniquely evil. I will call this whole invasion evil though otherwise the word isn't of much use to me.

Kasparov was asked a day or so ago if he thought Putin was a chessplayer. He replied no, chessplayers play by the rules. He said that Putin was a poker player who keeps winning with weak hands by bluffing because the West is afraid to call him. So effectively, he keeps throwing Armaggedon into the pot and then walks away without anyone seeing his cards. But, unless he really is crazy, he is bluffing and the long term outlook for someone who gets by bluffing is usually not good.

Vitaly also knows that the oligarchs robbed Russian citizens of their wealth in the Russian gangster capitalism of the nineties and squirreled it away in foreign countries. I think he also knows that most of them are very friendly with Putin and have supported him thoughout his long hold on power. But, unfortunately, Vitaly seems to support the closing down of the non state and foreign media which might better inform his fellow citizens about this reality. Only time will tell whether the Russian people will be happy with such a North Korean style lockdown.

• @G3550D

But, unfortunately, Vitaly seems to support the closing down of the non state and foreign media which might better inform his fellow citizens about this reality.

Vitaliy support closing of media because this media actually promoted full decommunisation, full abolishing of any workers rights, and also constantly pushed selling all and everything to western banks and corporations.

So, I have iron logic behind my position.

• I've been here since 2010 and he's been pretty accurate to me. We just shut down Russian media everywhere, and used the ever useful "disinformation" as an excuse. They have to come up with that word because they know they can't come out and say "lying" and get away with it. So, a tit-for-tat on their part can't be honestly interpreted as "lawless dictatorship". As far as a smouldering dystopia - have you been to San Francisco? Portland? Los Angeles trainyards?

"We are seeing the collapse of post Cold War triumphalism, “end of history”, “unilateralism” and all the rest of it. Reality is biting, and biting hard. All you have to do is watch CNN’s parade of talking heads and “experts” speculating about how crazy Putin is: they don’t understand, therefore he must be nuts. For the West, as it has been, it’s over. The confusion, the bullshit, the boasting, the hysteria, the bans: the West has nothing left in the locker. Pour Russian vodka down the toilet, fire a singer and director, change the name of a drink or a salad, ban cats or trees, sanction a Russian plutocrat and steal his yacht, wear a blue and yellow t-shirt. Pathetic. And don’t, under any circumstances, allow a Russian outlet to tempt the sheeple with “disinformation”. Just like the USSR but stupider. And who thought stupider was even possible?"

-Patrick Armstrong, former analyst Canadian Department of National Defence

exceptional.png
    768 x 950 - 1M
  • @Lincoln11

Well, they can't tolerate Trump even and you want them to tolerate different opinion of such type?

It is famous saying - Democracy is the dictatorship of democrats.