Personal View site logo
14-140mm F3.5-5.6 II LUMIX G VARIO ASPH. POWER O.I.S Lens

Specs

• 14 elements in 12 groups (2 ED and 2 aspherical lenses)
    • Dustproof and drip proof
    • The appearance is almost the same as H-FS14140-KA
    • Filter diameter: 58 mm
    • 7 diaphragm blades
    • Min focus distance is 30cm
    • Stepper motor AF
    • Size: φ 67 mm × about 75 mm
    • Weight: 265g
    • $599.99.
    • Will be available in May 2019
  • 3 Replies sorted by
  • PR

Panasonic announced today that it has updated the LUMIX G telephoto zoom lens based on the Micro Four Thirds system standard. In addition to the versatile zoom range from wide-angle to telephoto, the new LUMIX G VARIO 14-140mm / F3.5-5.6 II ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. (H-FSA14140) features a splash/dust-resistant* construction for heavy field use yet retains its stylishly compact profile remains lightweight.

The Practical zoom range of 14-140mm (35mm camera equivalent: 28-280mm) suits a wide range of shooting situations. It can capture dynamic landscapes, bring subjects up close, or shoot impressive portraits with beautifully defocused backgrounds.

Comprised of 14 elements in 12 groups, the lens system features three aspherical lenses and two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lenses to achieve dramatic downsizing of the powerful 10x optical zoom lens, while minimizing distortion and chromatic aberration.

The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) effectively compensates for not only small, fast movements, but also large, slow movements, making it easy to shoot super clear shots even in low-lit situations at nighttime or indoors.

Incorporating an inner focus drive system and stepping motor, the new LUMIX G VARIO 14-140mm / F3.5-5.6 II ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. is capable of smooth, silent operation to work with the camera’s high-speed, high-precision contrast AF system for both photo and video recording. It is also compatible with the sensor drive at max.240 fps to take maximum advantage of cameras with high-speed AF.

The LUMIX G VARIO 14-140mm / F3.5-5.6 II ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. (H-FSA14140) is built with a highly reliable metal mount, and uses multi-coated lens elements that minimize ghosts and flare. Seven blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth defocus effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings.

The LUMIX G VARIO 14-140mm will be available at valued channel partners in May for $599.99.

sa7815.jpg
    611 x 363 - 18K
  • My short review for the Lumix 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 II: There's lots of versions of this lens. Confusing. The latest version says H-FSA14140 on the box and the barrel.
    If you are buying one used, it's almost impossible to tell from photos, just confirm by message before you buy, or ask for a photo of the engraving with the model number. I've owned most of the different versions, and I like this one the the best. But....
    First, let me just say this really isn't a lens I would normally buy, because it is not very fast and it is not super sharp. Having said that, I will make an exception here because it has a big range, great IS, good color, and, importantly, the image looks good. The fact is, for a lot of group shots or head shots when filming a show, it's more important that the image looks good than that we can see every wart and freckle.
    Overall, it's a step down from my Panny 35-100/2.8, and it isn't really sharper than the cheap, lightweight Olly 40-150 (I have two of these). The difference is that the 14-140 goes much wider, and it has IS. Also, the Olly kind of fizzles out at the long end, the Panny, not so much. It's by no means a macro lens, but you can get a decent closeup. Also, I was not so pleased with the 12-100 which is the other lens I was looking at for something to give me wide+long.
    The last model in the lineup for the 14-140 has the latest image stabilization, some very basic weather sealing, and it's lighter than the very first version which I bought years a go as a kit with my GH1.
    It's a very handy lens to have. Although not super sharp, it makes good images.