Personal View site logo
Capitalism: Trump team - made for small people
  • Possible people taking cabinet positions

SECRETARY OF STATE

• Bob Corker, Tennessee senator and chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
    • John Bolton, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations under President George W. Bush
    • Newt Gingrich, Republican former U.S. House Speaker
    • Zalmay Khalilzad, former U.S. ambassador to Iraq
    • Rudy Giuliani, Republican former mayor of New York City

ATTORNEY GENERAL

• Rudy Giuliani, Republican former mayor of New York City
    • Jeff Sessions, senior member of the Senate Judiciary Committee who takes a hard line on immigration
    • Chris Christie, Republican New Jersey governor
    • Pam Bondi, Republican Florida Attorney General
    • Trey Gowdy, Republican congressman from South Carolina who headed the House committee that investigated the 2012 attacks on the U.S. mission in * * * Benghazi, Libya

TREASURY SECRETARY

• Steven Mnuchin, former Goldman Sachs executive and Trump's campaign finance chairman
    • Jeb Hensarling, Texas Republican congressman and chairman of the House Financial Services Committee
    • Jamie Dimon, JPMorgan Chase & Co chief executive officer
    • Tom Barrack, founder and chairman of Colony Capital Inc

DEFENSE SECRETARY

• Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency
    • Stephen Hadley, former national security adviser under President George W. Bush
    • Jon Kyl, former Republican senator from Arizona
    • Jeff Sessions, Republican senator from Alabama and early Trump supporter, member of the Senate Armed Services Committee
    • Kelly Ayotte, outgoing Republican senator from New Hampshire and member of the Senate Armed Services Committee
    • Duncan Hunter, Republican congressman from California and early Trump supporter, member of House Armed Services Committee
    • Jim Talent, former Republican senator from Missouri who was on the Senate Armed Services Committee

HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES SECRETARY

• Ben Carson, former neurosurgeon and 2016 Republican presidential candidate
    • Newt Gingrich
    • Rich Bagger, former pharmaceutical executive and former top aide to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
    • Bobby Jindal, former Louisiana governor

HOMELAND SECURITY SECRETARY

• Michael McCaul, U.S. Republican congressman from Texas and chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee
    • David Clarke, Milwaukee county sheriff and vocal Trump supporter
    • Joe Arpaio, outgoing Maricopa County, Arizona, sheriff who campaigned for Trump

ENERGY SECRETARY

• Harold Hamm, Oklahoma oil and gas mogul, CEO of Continental Resources Inc
    • Larry Nichols, co-founder of Devon Energy Corp
    • James Connaughton, CEO of Nautilus Data Technologies and a former environmental adviser to President George W. Bush
    • U.S. Representative Kevin Cramer, of North Dakota
    • Robert Grady

INTERIOR SECRETARY

• Sarah Palin, Republican former Alaska governor who ran for vice president in 2008
    • Jan Brewer, former Arizona governor
    • Forrest Lucas, founder of oil products company Lucas Oil
    • Harold Hamm
    • Robert Grady

COMMERCE SECRETARY

• Linda McMahon, former world Wrestling Entertainment executive and two-time Senate candidate

U.S. TRADE REPRESENTATIVE

• Dan DiMicco, former chief executive of steel producer Nucor Corp

It is easy to see that all this "new" people will get fresh start and will have interests of small people as absolute priority.

• 62 Replies sorted by
  • The New York Times reports that main goal for coming year budget will be to increase as much as possible military spending.

Again, Trump is not here to solve your problems, he is here to try to solve problems of ruling class, and methods for this you won't like, as they are old and dirty as hell.

• The cheaper global energy available now is largely due to increased US shale oil and gas production.

Well

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/15618/us-issues-with-shale-oil-and-gas-in-charts#Item_1

after this you can read any analytics opinion about finance situation in shale oil companies (can also check unemployment in states related to them).

More energy exports from the US and fewer imports from abroad mean lower trade deficits over the long term here, which would be a net positive for ANY economy.

Well, no. It is opposite. As now you trade free to make database entries for resources. smart people and goods. Giving this up won't make your life better, it will make it much worse.

Let me explain, you hope to see something ala Roosevelt times. Times when capitalism fought for survival trying anything from big projects in US (without major success until war) to fascism in Europe. And, as I said times not going back. Not only this, but capitalism do not have strong enemy yet, so ability to individual class members to unite for survival are low.

• The cheaper global energy available now is largely due to increased US shale oil and gas production. More energy exports from the US and fewer imports from abroad mean lower trade deficits over the long term here, which would be a net positive for ANY economy.

Keep your Vaseline jugs on the shelf, we aren't there yet.

• By your measure we should not have achieved any growth since the 1950's. Also, there is no shortage of coal in the US. It will experience a solid resurgence when certain EPA rules are reversed on January 21st. We have more than half of the entire world's proven reserves under our feet. We also have tremendous shale reserves that are decreasing in production cost all the time.

And it is just mix of strange statements like "we should not have achieved any growth since the 1950's" taken directly from your own head. Go and get some education, even this same blog will do, about energy situation in 20th century and up.

You also have your own model and emotions clouding normal and formal arguments.

I wrote - "more and cheaper energy around, available now". No one actually knows if US coal reserves will be minable (and even if most of them exist at all), and you need to replace huge amount of Chinese coal that goes into production of goods. Go and open coal world production statistics. You just do not understand that you talk about.

Americans have a lot more potential than you give us credit for. I think we'll manage 4-5% growth within 24 months. The real challenge will be keeping inflation in check so that returns are actually realized. 5% growth at 4% inflation is not a "win" in my playbook unless wages are increasing at a faster pace.

I am not talking about Americans, as I am sure that they have huge potential. I am telling about simple rules of capitalism that fuck all this potential and won't allow to make it into reality.

Your talk about GDP growth also does not meaning anything, as you can make 10% growth and make people live worse.

I already told you plain and clear. System works the way it works. The longer you will remain into fantasy land the bigger pain it will be as soon as Trump start "servicing your account" (c) GC. Remember to get tube of Vaseline and, please, allow me to call you "glass-half-empty kind of guy" as you come here in tears.

• VK, I'm beginning to think you're a glass-half-empty kind of guy :)

By your measure we should not have achieved any growth since the 1950's. Also, there is no shortage of coal in the US. It will experience a solid resurgence when certain EPA rules are reversed on January 21st. We have more than half of the entire world's proven reserves under our feet. We also have tremendous shale reserves that are decreasing in production cost all the time. OPEC just announced production cuts in spite of their earlier pledge to maintain market share at any cost. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-opec-meeting-usa-shale-idUSKBN13P0C8

Americans have a lot more potential than you give us credit for. I think we'll manage 4-5% growth within 24 months. The real challenge will be keeping inflation in check so that returns are actually realized. 5% growth at 4% inflation is not a "win" in my playbook unless wages are increasing at a faster pace.

• You're right, it's all about competition. Once regulations and tax policy become competitive again we will reverse the flow of jobs and begin to recapitalize. Around the reinvestment stage you're going to see something really special happen.

Most horrible in your words is that you do not understand that you wish. I mean totally.

As taxes and regulations will "become competitive" so will become your salaries, your home and everything around you. And you really will run here with many curse words and looking around for Trump replacements.

In your dreams you have some patriotic capitalists, in reality where is none.

The only way capitalists will move production back is they need to meet all this things:

• More and cheaper energy around, available now. And this means coal. US not competitive here.
    • More and cheaper basic resources around, available now. Thius means huge nature impact and presense of such resources. US lacks many of resources and in colonies they are located very far.
    • Very compact placement of industry zones build on tax money, all near ocean. US not competitive here, logistics too expensive for any complex product.
    • Cheap fast rail transport. US not competitive.
    • Lot of young people eager for hard work and learn. Especially they love illegal immigrants.
    • Smaller salary (around 3x-5x reduction of current minimum wage is best you can dream).

And I can add to this list another 10 points at least.

In reality, as I said, horror is that you can only get opposite things that you imagine in dreams.

• I hear ya... we're laughing all the way to the bank!

You're right, it's all about competition. Once regulations and tax policy become competitive again we will reverse the flow of jobs and begin to recapitalize. Around the reinvestment stage you're going to see something really special happen.

Karl Marx would even be impressed at all the winning :)

• Remember that before the election the "media" and political pundits told you Trump could never save any jobs. Not possible. Well, he's doing it right now and he hasn't even been inaugurated yet.

I laughed so loud.. :-)

I understand the inner wish to make time going backwards and while keeping capitalism in full scale to restrict global competition. Unfortunately it won't work. It is same as drunk dream of Austrians to going back to early days of capitalism.

• @bannedindv Winning!! - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/29/business/trump-to-announce-carrier-plant-will-keep-jobs-in-us.html

Remember that before the election the "media" and political pundits told you Trump could never save any jobs. Not possible. Well, he's doing it right now and he hasn't even been inaugurated yet. Let that be a lesson for all, it's only "impossible" if you let other people predict your future.

If you had a good run in the last 8 years, the next 8 will probably be great unless you're an outsourcing expert or immigration attorney.

• Okay ;)

Please check in with me every 3 months and let me know if your economic condition improves or declines under Trump. Last 8 years have been best of my life so far - coming from being flat dead broke in 2007-2008.

• @bannedindv So you're defending the status quo? Good luck with that. I voted for change, and so far things are looking pretty good.

"Fake news" ... That has to be the most laughable meme ever invented. You mean this fake news? https://theintercept.com/2016/11/26/washington-post-disgracefully-promotes-a-mccarthyite-blacklist-from-a-new-hidden-and-very-shady-group/

There's truth and fiction. If the fake news got it right when the real news got it wrong, it's self-explanatory to anyone with critical thinking skills. It amounts to nothing more than sours grapes for the establishment media being caught pushing their partisan coverage.

Face it, you're addicted to the corporate-sponsored media because it fits your fantasy worldview. Taking the blue pill is just like any other drug, it feels good but slowly kills your soul.

Also, I don't waste my time on Facebook.

• That's hilarious!

• I wish we would use some of that critical thinking so we don't end up in those groups, in your story, running in circles.

For this it is best idea to stop caring about thing made as part of show. Very entertaining show may be. But it is time to rise to another level.

Trump is going to be president keep your eyes and mind open to all sides these four years.

Especially protect your rear side :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev That's a funny but sad story. I guess, I care. As this site is a place is where the GH1 and GH2 hacks per say were developed by you with critical thinking and lots of trail and error of the PV group. I wish we would use some of that critical thinking so we don't end up in those groups, in your story, running in circles. Trump is going to be president keep your eyes and mind open to all sides these four years. Oh, lets go shoot something with our cameras:)

• @LukeV

Well, who cares?

Situation is as follows - two rich guys liked same pretty poor girl, and each of them time to time fucked her. But such sharing approach became inconvenient for them, as their plan was to tell her about family and wedding and fuck her all two week during travel to Malibu and finally dump her afterwards. But they could not agree who of them will be implementing this plan. So, they made a bet and went to big group of people nearby. They told them that they are two hard working people who both love the girl and both care for her so much that want to marry her. Each of them also told few fairy tales about their life, as part of ritual.
    Long story short - they made each of this people to vote and promised that they comply with result. So, after honest voting and making some necessary voting adjustments it was decided that bigger blonde guy is chosen one. Both rich guys left our amazed group of people fast, blonde went to implement his old plan of fucking and dumping, and smaller and more bitchy one just remembered that girl also had smaller sister and he could convince her to fuck, may be it'll require use of some force, but who cares.
    And at this time amazing thing happened with this big group of poor people who voted - one group shouted that it was god way and another group went in circles and cried, from time to time they shouted something about horrible error and that girl certainly deserved more and must go with smaller one.
    And even more amazing thing - both of this parts though that they did something important in their life.

• @ CRFilms Politifact is owned by Hillary supporters. Wow! Who owns FOX News? Is these your facts or is this just something you made up? You add two statements from politifact. Read it again, 51% and 59% are different numbers they are Not Almost exactly the same thing. Not close. 24fps is not 30fps.

• @ Tron You wrote, The lawsuits don't really bother me because at least the facts of the case become a part of the public record for anyone to review and scrutinize. Really? Does truth bother you.

• All new media has it's flaws but there are some hopeful you tube alternatives like The Young Turks or even more to my taste add a little comedy Redacted Tonight or Jimmy Dore. That being said watch them all the left and right and judge for yourself who rings true.

• @Tron - sounds like you're a victim of fake Facebook news. Also it doesn't help to tangle up two separate people. Bill Clinton is Bill Clinton. Hillary is Hillary. Some of the stuff you listed above is just... strange by far.

But, glad you like your shiny new WWE Wrestling Showman "president":

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MMKFIHRpe7I

Here - you can fact check a lot of the things you are irate over and see how real they are:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/oct/01/viral-image/viral-image-wrongly-accuses-clinton-stealing/

• Trump here can be needed to knock down some paint and turn gun directly towards your face, so all the dreams about this old rusty tank being new model of Tesla will vanish :-)

Haha, love your analogies :)

• I won't know for 4 years. I do prefer the endless cycle of change. Dictators and monarchs cramp my style.

Well, monarchs won't return, sad :-)

As for Trump, yep he is funny puppet, but this puppet is like flag of capitalists dictatorship. Don't be fooled by externally civilized form of this dictatorship, Trump here can be needed to knock down some paint and turn gun directly towards your face, so all the dreams about this old rusty tank being new model of Tesla will vanish :-)

• You mean that next time you vote for another guy, not him? To make this cycle endless?

I won't know for 4 years. I do prefer the endless cycle of change. Dictators and monarchs cramp my style.

• In the end it was just 'family' and real estate guys who understood the market and played the game better than the 'insiders' http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenbertoni/2016/11/22/exclusive-interview-how-jared-kushner-won-trump-the-white-house/#5dde9f252f50