Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X Series 4:│Moon T8│Spizz T7
  • 691 Replies sorted by
  • Some will playback after a switch off/on/take a small recoding. Depends on bitrate consumed.

• For some reasons, mine in-camera playback it is working with this Moon8. Looks awesome. Thanks Nick!! Look forward to shoot during the daylight and will report back.

• Yes, I admit that I was a bit sad with this "bug" of not being able to have in-camera playback, since I have been using T7.

• shame really that we can not see in the cam shots taken! The only thing I did not like is the fact that, differently from Moon T7, in-camera playback is not possible.

• This Hack is for Panasonic GH2?

• Great to see that more innovative setting are still being released by driftwood.

• To have Moon T8 is a great news for 2014. We are still waiting for PTOOL Update from Vitaliy. I believe that it is not to far away. I hope it will liberates GF2 Video Manual Control. Does this Moon T8 compatible with GF2 FSH/SH Mode? If so, I will try it with my GF2 + 32GB Sandisk Extreme 45Mb/s during this weekend. I will report back to you. Thank you Driftwood.

• In my first quick test, I could see that Moon T8 seems to render skin tones in a nice way and noise performance in high ISO is improved. The only thing I did not like is the fact that, differently from Moon T7, in-camera playback is not possible.

• Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB, 24H, Lumix 14mm, AFC, Smooth -2 -2 -2 -2 (i-Dyn/Res off) iso 320, shooting the top of a large tree (from 10-40ft away) in the breeze out my 4th-storey window on this sunny day, spanned and filled the whole card (no internal playback), here's a stream parser screen shot. Excellent work, thanks @driftwood

Edit: same settings, but with Sandisk 32GB Extreme Pro SD card, similar results, just no spanning.

Moon T8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 442K
  • I've gotta re-brush up on how to load one of these suckers! Haha Can't wait to try me some T8!

Seriously, I have been a huge fan of Moon T7 24H, and recently shot a lot of 24L when I needed great reliability. Yesterday though I was shooting some 29.97 footage with my GH4 and really liked what I got. Now I'm hopeful about the prospects of the FSH/HBR (?) on Moon T8 for B-cam use. :)

I'll report back -- Thanks Nick!!!

• Sweet! Thank you @driftwood !!!!

• Thank you again for all of your work.

• Thanks Nick! much appreciated :)

• @driftwood Will test this week and report back. Thanks.

• Am I first membet to see this , what an honor for me -;) as akways Thanks you