Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • @brudney
    @hay

This topic is not about GH2 and hacks stability, move to proper topic.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

How is the GH3 hack going?

• @gaman

Thank you for your reply and your test. Does the 2x mode work in 1080p60/50 or just in 24/25/30?

• How is the GH3 hack going?

I do not know that you mean here.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev How the 'Panasonic' GH3 hack is progressing, you collected money for the camera(s) right?

• @sicovdplas

I answered this few times. I do not have body yet.

• Ahhh, you ordered yet?

• I have a GH2 and I hesitate to invest in GH3, preferring to wait for blackmagic MFT (unfortunately I'm not very patient). If there was the ability to shoot in 720p 120fps my choice would be certainly different but other features like HDR, wifi interest me on gh3. With wifi, do you think it is possible to program a timelapse app that would change shutter speed according to the brightness? To go further, is the ability to communicate with tablets/smartphones could enable the creation of application by independent developers?

• @FilmingArt the hack is stable - a year long use without problems

• @5mars "I have a GH2 and I hesitate to invest in GH3, preferring to wait for blackmagic MFT (unfortunately I'm not very patient)"

You'll need to be very patient. I preordered a EF version in July and have been told by the manufacturer that I likely will not get my order until march at earliest, and probably much later. So who knows for m43 versions. Anyway, I'm cancelling it and buying a gh3. I'll wait until 2014 to buy a 2k+ camera, by which time there should be an active mount m43 bmcc and the sony-red war should have knocked off some $$ (oh, and lets not forget the 4k varicam).

Its funny, but what convinced me, other than the delay, was how incredibly the AF is. As someone who has to shoot solo (so is thinking as much about sync or sound than focus), or has to shoot things that require AF (pretty much anything that flies) I'm very impressed by this development. In fact (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) is there any non-CCD camera that has better autofocus than the gh3???

• Oh, and @Vitaliy_Kiselev can you tell us how far you are off the purchase price of a gh3. Let's do this pledge drive style and get you that money!

• @JDN GH3 collect is over I believe. But VK's dacha is in a russian area where postal service is kinda...

slow.

• @astraban @Vitaliy_Kiselev -- my bad been out on the road too much and not following the boards. Ok, well, when the camera does arrive, lets get a pledge drive going so he can devote time to hacking this puppy.

• Henry's in Canada has stock and they ship worldwide.

• Panasonic-Page says this: You can Record in Motion Picture 1/25 to 1/16000. But i can not make shorter Shutter-Speed than 1/4000. (Ok, it's not really important.)

And like GH2 the GH3 can go to one secret ISO-Stop more. In S or A (Video-Mode) set ISO to 6400 and then make the exposure to +3. Till +2 nothing changes (because in darkness Shutter is on Limit of 1/25 or 1/50, Aperture is open and ISO is fixed). But after +2 the Image gets brighter, so i think its a software-push to ISO 12800.

Once my TimeLapse-Function startet at 7:33 am, but i'm sure i set it to 06:00. I checked this and it was to 06:00 am. This happened only once from 5 times i used the TimeLapse over night or in the morning.

And for me, the GH3-Colors looks like Cinema, not like Video. The Colors are a little dark, but very filmish for me.

Ok, a Problem is this. When i go to manual Movie Mode, then set it to P, then save this as C1, C2 or C3-X. Then when go to C1 (or 2 ,3) you are in Manual Movie-Mode with P. But when you set it to A, S or M, you cannot change any Value. You Can set it to A, S or M, but it kjeeps in P (but it Shows Shutter and Aperture then, but you can't change it). Anyone else has this Problem?

• it is normal to see jumps in the video of lumix gh3?

• screenshots....

Bildschirmfoto 2012-12-16 um 23.37.00.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-12-16 um 23.36.26.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
  • Here's the million dollar question for me: Does the GH3 have clean HDMI out???

• did a quick test with my hyperdeck shuttle and it recorded 50i. Couldn't get progressive recording. But when connecting external monitor it said 1080p. Think shuttle can't read connection from gh3. The hdmi signal looks clean but only 50i for me at the moment.

• @robbin: that's a "feature" of the Hyperdesk Shuttle: you can only record 1080i50/60, for progressive you have to go down to a lower rate - or 720p...

• A graded version of my GH3 Demobbed done by Donna Close.