Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SD to CF or USB3 adapter?
  • I noticed today that the GH2 is perfectly happy recording to an SD card even when the card door is open. This got me thinking, whether there are any kind of adapters that turn an SD card slot into a CF card slot? Better yet, a USB 3.0 port to which one could connect an external SSD? 64GB is a lot, but running Moon T7 (my favorite patch ever) for extended concerts definitely eats 64GB cards up. Putting an adapter card in and using a 256GB CF card or better yet a high speed Samsung Evo 500GB SSD would be an awesome solution. Does anything like this exist? I tried googling it and didn't find anything, but it seems like it should be possible.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • LOL. SD card have specific interface. Its speed is not much more than speed of top SD cards.

So, even if such thing existed it had been useless.

• Well I have seen CF to SD card adapters, and of course USB to SD card readers. What I'm envisioning is the same thing except in reverse.

• Some people at the Magic Lantern forums tried to get a CF to SSD adapter to work with no luck. Said the interface protocols were too different and a simple pin by pin solder/wiring wouldn't work.