Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3, 4k 30fps, 720p 120fps

Samsung has officially unveiled the Galaxy Note 3 and it is the most advanced device in the Korean company's smartphone line-up yet.

It comes with a 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor for the LTE 4G version or a 1.9GHz octa-core Samsung processor for regions locked to 3G services, plus 3GB of RAM. The 5.7-inch super AMOLED screen offers a Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution. And the device will come with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean from the off.

As rumoured, 4K video recording is possible thanks to the presence of the Snapdragon 800 processor. It can shoot UHD content in 30fps for playback to a suitably high resolution display, but should you drop down to Full HD, 60fps video shooting is possible. Slow motion video - shot at 120fps - is possible when recording in 720p.

Read more - http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/123340-samsung-galaxy-note-3-official-5-7-inch-android-4-3-4k-video-recording-and-advanced-s-pen

• 20 Replies sorted by
  • I don't know if this new samsung can have it's topic, but there's a thing that i do know: every camera wich won't have 4k res. or 720p at 120fps, from here to the next future, IT'S A FAIL. It's time, they have to stop with all this marketing, they can and they could already from a lot (remember nikon 1v1 for exemple). Let's go on, 4k and more fps.

• I have watched lots of cat videos these last few years, and I can vouch that the 4K video of the puddy tats in this Galaxy Note 3 video is definitely 4K. They were so clear and pretty. If they had only been 3.9K it would have been obvious. They must have an amazing lens on this baby. Maybe it is time to upgrade my old Galaxy Note I to this new beastie. I really need that amazing clarity on the cats' eyes... :)

• hands on with Note 3 the 120fps / 240 fps are def not in 720p quality...

4K is quite disappointing also with poor focus ability

• This is sad. Do you have any test clips?

• here are some clips from the net, which are all basically the same as what i thought when testing in retail shops:

slow motion 240fps:

slow motion 120fps:
    4k clip:

the Slow Motion is def not legit when compared to iPhone 5s, iPhone 5s won any current devices by many miles. in fact the slow motion quality in Note 3 is even worse than S4 or so because they are all upscaling.

let us know what you think after watching these clips ;)

• Here is the BMCC 2.5k raw vs the 4k coming out of the note 3. It's amazing there appears to be no sharpening at 4k at all. The BMCC is no slouch in resolution either, but if you click original quality and watch the crops of the chart you can see there is a big difference.

• "It records in H.264 MP4s at roughly 48mbits per second. That’s not very high for four times the resolution of HD. It needs to be a much less compressed recording or ideally a newer, stronger, more efficient and 4K centric codec. H264 is not really it.

I recorded in 30p. There may well be a 25p or 24p option. I didn’t have time to look for it. Doesn’t matter though, as I shot 30p and brought it into the computer via the rather lovely full size USB 3 port at the bottom of the phone, and then converted to ProRes HQ with MPEG Streamclip and then conformed to 23.98p in Cinema Tools, giving me a slightly stronger image and slightly slower but now much nice filmic movement. I really like 30p recording slowed to 24p or 25p. It’s a lovely “not slow motion but not normal motion” look." http://philipbloom.net/2013/10/24/note4k/

• hello to everyone ;) i am currently checking out phones with this great 120fps feature. could someone please upload a genuine 120fps sample from the Note 3? i don't trust the YT videos much. indeed the YT videos clearly look like the 5S is at least x2 better than the Note 3, which sadly looks like an 480p upscale imo. but i need a real time sample ;) thanks.

• @plasmasmp who needs raw 2K when you have your cellphone?

• Anyone know if the phone has real 24p? Just curious.

• So if Samsung can make this 4K phone, why is there no Samsung 4K camera?!!?

• Hello have you détail for thé hack or note 3? 4k With 100 mbs etc...

• Hello the galaxy note 3 (n9005) was a hacker and can now elevate the flow of his 4k codec.h264 has 100Mbs or more I talk to them they would even try to grow more, I suggest their 200mbs ... But the phone will need to be rooter and it voids the warranty and the operation is not very easy ...

This is a moment that the hack was devellopper, I wanted to share with you this info. here it is:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2519180

• 24p with this hack, or just the high bitrate?