Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Hacking electronic gearing of panasonic lenses?
  • I have attempted to find where to locate this post and I hope this is right.

Just bought an Edelkrone FF for my GH3 rig and it is really nice but a thought occurred to me. The "throw" on the follow focus is very small when using the Edelkrone "tie-wrap" type gears, so I wondered if it is possible to affect the gearing ratio of the fly-by-wire focus of the Panasonic lens (especially 12-35 and 35-100). Would make subtle adjustments of focus a lot easier. I realise I could ask the same question of Edelkrone to see can they produce different gearing (unlikely it has to be said) or maybe could try a much bigger diameter lens gear, but a way to lower the sensitivity of the lens would be really handy (let you leave on lens gear...) - for me anyway.

Simon

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • FF is absoultely useless for panasonic lenses. Position of focus ring does not determinate focus.