Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Wireless mic and GH3
  • My Sennheiser wireless handheld system was working perfectly with my GH3 until yesterday. The receiver was plugged straight into the camera and recorded perfect (mono) audio. I changed the mini-mini cord today and it still isn't working. It came on briefly last night but is back off now. Anyone have similar experience? The camera is about 2 months old and has given me no problems before now.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Are you sure the mic's working?

• need to get another mic to troubleshoot. It's impossible to know anything until you remove variables.

• Its definitely the camera. I tried a shotgun from someone else and its not being recognised. It doesn't show up in the menu as a 'special mic' either. Frustrating.

• I have been caught out a couple times where if the camera is on and a mic is then plugged in it is sometimes not recognised. not sure if this applys to your case though.