Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Balancing stabilizer
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • I have just ordered the Laing P-03 MC Handheld Stabiliser (through the PV deals), which I believe from reading is similar in design to both the Glidecam HD 2000, and to the Wondlan Carbon Stabiliser.

A google search for reviews of all three lead me to these 3 videos, which while not of particular quality, feature setup instruction by Glidecam's head of marketing. He explains the procedure for balancing and offers up few tips which I have not heard mentioned anywhere else, including the orientation of the sled, and he offers a few suggestions for controlling pan with non load bearing hand.

• I always find it amusing that companies that make videos showing you how to make videos have bad lighting and uneven grading.

• And can't focus or hold cameras correctly, geez it was a simple point and shoot situation. Plus it took 3 videos of 15 mins each to convey info that could have been covered in 10 mins max, if that. I did watch it all, hoping to discover some handy tips,... Nope.

• @Rambo

If you can make us 10 minutes video on the subject where topless girl will tech how to balance steadicam while surfing, it'l be amazing.

• Vk, there is a good reason why topless girls don't feature in my videos....... I want shake free footage...lol.

• Vk, there is a good reason why topless girls don't feature in my videos....... I want shake free footage...lol.

You need to train more :-) Stability comes with expirience.

• There is one other reason... My wife said NO.:-(

• Yeah, that guy seems like he knows nothing about gear and the Glidecam guy had to keep correcting him on basic stuff. Is he supposed to be some sort of pro or expert?