Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Kinect 2.0
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • That's impressive. There seems to be still some minor delay between real action and feedback from the Kinect, which in my opinion was one of the drawbacks of the original. I used it to record point cloud sequences (like a 3d-scan video) and used them with particle systems in Cinema4D to make a video. And it was definitely fun.

• @flablo

Do you have result video?

• skip directly to 2:08 because first part is a boring intro. The boxers (actually he is ONE, a friend of mine) are made with Kinect capture, using the code made by these cool guys http://moullinex.tumblr.com/post/3180520798/catalina-music-video. It uses Processing to capture the data. And the data files of point clouds are really huge

• @flablo I wish I knew what you were talking about flabo...cause that was amazing!!!!

• @peternap thank you! Basically I used the Kinect to capture the movement of the boxer. I captured clips of data at 30 fps like a video, but instead of the image for every frame I recorded the scan of the points in 3d space, then I could use those however I wanted in a 3D application. I associated them to the cards and I could move the camera as I wished. Resolution was low but enough to give the idea of the shape.

• @flablo this was great man, have you been doing anything with Processing as well? Greets from Ljubljana.

• @Jean didn't know about that video. It's clearly Kinect, but frankly I think they used it in a very basic and sterile way, don't you think? Ever seen this? http://www.rgbdtoolkit.com/ it's very interesting

@Oblikovalnik I've been playing around with Processing some years ago, but didn't do anything constructive with it. My background is electronic engineering so I'm quite comfortable with learning some programming language. Sometime I fancy buying an Arduino board but I'm already too busy, should I start tripping with interaction, I fear I would never leave this keyboard! Greetings from Trst!

• @flablo

Sure it is very basic. I posted it because i liked the song and i remembered the video with Kinect. No intention to make comparison, just wanted to share the news. As for your link and your video: very interesting stuff, good work! :-)