Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Mitakon lens Turbo, Speed Booster analog, available
  • 240 Replies sorted by
  • Dear Vitaliy,

is there a Lens Turbo II for Minolta MD/MC?

TIA

New M42 to Fuji X adapter released.

http://www.zyoptics.net/

pentax8.jpg
    384 x 390 - 16K
  • I just recently got this lens turbo II (MFT-EF) and am using with my BMPCC. However my 10mm Rokinon EF lens does not focus to infinity... or doesn't appear to. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

• Not sure about the Mitakon, but the RJ has a screw that you can loosen to then manually turn the inner glass to raise/lower it to adjust this.

• And if my infinite isn't working which way do I need to adjust that?

• You have to try it and find out, Im not sure.

• Has anyone tried the adapter for Sony E mount? Is the quality equivalent to what you would see with the M43 RJ lens turbos?

• New MFT turbo adaptor features a structure of 4 lens elements in 4 groups, including 1 extra-low dispersion element which helps in reduce the chromatic aberrations on the image. The angle of view of the camera lenses will be increased by 0.762x and the max. aperture will be improved by 1-stop.

Version II of the lens turbo adapter has a completely different optical design from version 1 and a much-improved coating. The optical performance has been improved a lot too.

Will be available on deals here on November 2015, suggested retail price of $149, deals one will be lower.

Shenyang Zhongyi Optics (ZY Optics), a leading Chinese manufacturer of camera lenses and focal reducers, has provided additional options for Micro Four Thirds camera users by releasing three new Lens turbo adapters. The new adapters allows full frame lenses with M42 screw mount or Canon FD mount or Minolta MD mount to be used in Micro Four Thirds cameras with a wider angle of view and faster aperture. These new turbo adapters are compatible with cameras with Micro Four Thirds mount including the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera (BMPCC) and work extremely well for video production.

Similar to the previous Zhongyi Lens Turbo (ver II), the new MFT turbo adapter features a structure of 4 lens elements in 4 groups, including 1 extra-low dispersion element which helps in reduce the chromatic aberrations on the image. The angle of view of the camera lenses will be increased by 0.726x and the max. aperture will be improved by 1-stop. Version II of the lens turbo adapter has a complete different optical design from version 1 and a much improved coating. The optical performance also upgrades tremendously.

Purchase can now be made via ZY Optics official website (http://www.zyoptics.net/) or authorized resellers. Suggested retail price is USD 149.

zebra697.jpg
    686 x 287 - 27K
  • Really hope that ZY Optics optical quality would be acceptable and the MD version would be compatible with Minolta 35-70 zoom. Would be fun parfocal lens to my collection.

• Anyone got one of these (mkII)?

I wonder how it compares to RJ (which I kinda enjoyed it but because of the blue dot problem had to sell it...)

• Hello, I bought last year a RJ focal reducer II, FD to m43 (100 euros), which I enjoyed with my GH2 and my FDs lenses. But there was this blue dot problem that annoyed me, and also the fact that the focal reducer had some play, making the lens moving when focusing or changing the aperture. Just two days ago, I received my ZY Optics/Mitakon focal reducer (FD to m43, 150 euros). I was a little afraid about that blue dot issue coz I couldn't find any review that confirmed that the problem was solved. Now I own it and tried it, I can say this ZY optics focal reducer is just perfect : no more blue dot issue, no more play between the camera and the lens, and moreover I have the feeling that the sharpness has improved compared to the RJ focal reducer. So now I'm (fully) happy ! :) Now I'm looking for declicking the aperture of my FD lenses... DIY way or in a shop in Paris where I live... Hope my review will help!

PS: one cool thing that imo helped to resolve the fact that there was some "play" between the camera and the lens, is that there is no more the "lock/open" wheel on the focal reducer. You just put your lens on it, and that's it. But I have not tried it with "old" SSC Canon FDs breechlock, only with newFDs.

• Thanks a lot Thom, great to hear the blue dot is gone. I'm sure I'll be getting one soon :]

BTW does anyone know if it's available here on the deal page? Couldn't find it...

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Any estimate when Lens Turbo II will be in PV deals?

• looks pretty good.

• Received my adapter. Super! No blue dot issue, lenses fits tightly. I'm happy with it )))

W29sNMG7Rfg.jpg
    1080 x 1350 - 90K
  • @Thor

Cool, glad that you like it.

Remember to post some videos you make with it here.

• Is there a M43rds to Nikon G one available in the deals? I could not find one. The aperture control would allow me to use my 20mm which would be great! Thanks

• I need to add this to options more clearly

As you see on official photo it will work

img478.jpg
    500 x 503 - 31K
  • Thanks Vitaliy, I will go into deals and order one now.

• Is a lens mount available with this adapter ?

• Is a lens mount available with this adapter ?

What you mean tripod mount?

• I know that some adapters (like the RJ) comes with a lens mount. Is it the same with the Mikaton ?