Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Noobie here with a few questions
  • Hello all, I am a bit new to this forum. While I have been tracking driftwood/cbrandin progress with the recent GH2 Apocalypse patches, I haven't been quite vocal.

Anyway, being a student studying film/animation, I found that the GH2 was the perfect choice for me to experiment with cinematography and filming my own short stories. I bought this wonderful camera back in July and I absolutely love it.

Now, I have been searching around the forums reading up on many different types of lenses, filters, etc, and have took in quite a bit of knowledge over the past few months.

Recently I purchased a Century Optics 1.33x adapter (focus through), and from what I have read up on this lens, it is wonderful for run-and-gun type work. Now here are my questions pertaining to this anamorphic; I understand that this adapter combined with a Tokina achromatic diopter is an absolute gem, however, I cannot find this diopter anywhere, and I understand it is incredibly hard to find.

I have however, found a few achromatic diopters manufactured from Century Optics, but I cannot find much reviews or opinions on this diopter in conjunction with there anamorphics. Would the two make a good fit in terms of image quality? Or should I invest in some other achromatic diopter?

I am sorry if this has already been covered, but all I seem to find is information pertaining to diopters with a LA7200 and other lenses, nothing specifically about the Century Optics.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • thank you sir, I do not know how I missed that topic. I'll read up.