Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 focus zoom with monitor?
  • Hi, I cant get my gh2 to zoom digital zoom (when pressing the shutter scroll thing) when i have my monitor on.

I can digital zoom on my 7d fine but not the gh2.

Is there anything i can do?

Thanks

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Nope. All such functions are blocked when something is connected to HDMI.

• ok if anyone is interested i figured out a way to get past this. You will need to hdmi cords and one female to female hdmi extender [img]http://www.computercableinc.com/ccinc/images/EXTENDER-HDMI-BestLink-110404.jpg[/img] if you disconnect the extender in the middle you can use it without having to plug the hdmi in and out of ur camera or monitor all the time. Hdmi inputs are fragile and if you do it too much you could damage your camera or monitor. Its also faster this way.

• But that doesn't cure the problem at all…

• I miss the focus assist punch in with a monitor attached via hdmi, so I'm thinking about springing for one of the Ruige monitors - some of them have a zoom function via a little button you can attach to your tripod arm or similar

• Well, its not a cure for the problem. Its just something to make it better. Like panadol ;)

unfortunately my monitor doesnt have a zoom function which would have been awesome!

How good are the focus assists on monitors like smallhd and thems?

• wow i was wondering this doesn't that defeat the perpus of using a monitor. just something we have to live with.