Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
iPhone 14 and new cameras

It is expected that the optical shape of the iPhone 14 Pro main camera sensor will be increased to 1/1.3 inches, the pixels will have a size of 1.22 microns.

These changes will increase the price. The iPhone 14 Pro is rumored to start at $1,100, which is $100 more than the iPhone 13 Pro. The presentation of new products is expected in September this year.

sa7187.jpg
    761 x 782 - 91K
    sa7188.jpg
    774 x 777 - 105K
  • 9 Replies sorted by
  • On repairability

• @PauloTeixeira

For your usage try used Asus ZenFone 7 Pro - tilting camera is really nice for controlling angles during high shots.

It is cheap and has 8K 30fps.

Also heat management is ok - 4K 60fps can be shot for quite long.

• Something that I noticed with the 14 Pro is that every clip I checked so far has been a constant 60fps. Previous iPhones such as the 13 Pro and older have a variable frame rate.

Few indoor comparison clips between the 14 Pro and 13 Pro Max.

Auto Show

• For me personally, it's not really a big upgrade over the 13 Pro and you loose the sim card slot for the US models. At the very least I would have liked to have seen 4K 120fps or 8K, a USB C port and more telephoto range.

Both videos shot in 4K 60fps Dolby Vision HDR. The HD versions are up now and it can take a while until they turn to 4K HDR.

iPhone 14 Pro + Zhiyun Smooth 5 on top of a 15 foot selfie stick. Unfortunately for the first 2 clips the phone decided to stop recording on it's own and so they end up being shorter than it should have been. Crap! That would have been my best clip since a lot of people was waving to it. Decided to take some more scenes afterwards to make up for it. I should have definitely brought my Apple watch to monitor the footage. Would have known right away that the camera decide to stop recording.

This has never happened before with my previous iPhones. Decided to change some settings such as the lock screen and power mode and it appears to be not be doing that anymore.

Next video is a few night scenes around Boston.

In the new lineup, only the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max are expected to receive the Apple A16 SoC. Also, the Pro versions are credited with a 48-megapixel module in a block with an ultra-wide-angle lens and support for 8K video recording.

sa7212.jpg
    469 x 597 - 38K
    sa7213.jpg
    776 x 581 - 49K
    sa7214.jpg
    773 x 524 - 32K
  • In resume :

Buy an iPhone 13 pro max second hand almost new.

Better price performance.

• The base iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus/Max will offer performance improvements over the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max. That’s despite the base models using the same A15 Bionic chip as last year’s flagship handsets. The report dropped after months of rumors that said only the iPhone 14 Pro variants will get the next-gen A16 Bionic chip.

The iPhone 14 will significantly change how Apple differentiates the Pro models from the non-Pro devices. The iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max will feature the best iPhone hardware Apple can offer this year. Meanwhile, the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus/Max will somewhat recycle iPhone 13 Pro components.

Rumors say the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus/Max will share the space and design of the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max. They’ll have the same display notch as last year’s models. The camera module on the back will be different, as the cheaper iPhone 14 models will not feature three cameras. All in all, the overall iPhone 14 performance and experience should be similar to the iPhone 13 Pro.

The specs should be on par with last year’s Pro models. Apple will reportedly use the same A15 Bionic variant that powered the iPhone 13 Pros. That means iPhone 14 models will feature a 5-core GPU and 6GB of RAM.

The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max might be about 15% faster than last year’s Pros. That’s the expected CPU speed bump. The GPU performance might go up by 25-30%. But these are just estimates from a recent report examining the kind of chip tech available to Apple for the iPhone 14 series.