Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
SANITY 4 and 5.1
  • 1139 Replies sorted by
  • @peternap - you argued with cops and survived? Clearly DC is not NY, my friend :)

• I tried the sanity/audio patch and didn't hear any difference either. I tried CM Night, during the day and still say it is hazy, so Sanity 5 went back in for today's shoot at the Capitol. Despite using the Panny lenses (Which I hate), torrential rain and non stop arguments with the Cops and Homeland Security, it preformed like a champ. I did change my settings some. NR=-2, Sharp=-2, Saturation-0, Contrast=-1 in Vibrant.

• @kriser81 Nice shots - I love rainy days. Since you're new to the GH2, you should know there will always be a little noise in the darkest areas of the picture, even at ISO 160. This is not a Sanity issue. It's simply the way the GH2 is.

• @subco

Thanks! I will test it with different kinds of light next time. Still a long way to go...

• Sorry, I remain of the opinion that no audio patches are needed on GH2. Factory sound is great, given the class of the mics/preamp, so I don't think it is realistic to expect any improvements by reprogramming it, IMHO...

• @ subco sorry for my lack of clarity, but you got my question. Thanks for combining the two.

• @subco @ peternap

Just 2x checking that the setb.ini (which when I downloaded it has the following filename: 3300b083a1802b2cc12f21fd708bc5.ini) you posted subco COMBINES the Sanity 5 and thepalalias audio hack, right? Hoping... exactly what I would want.

• Yesterday, I bought a GH2, and the first patch I try was Sanity 5. It's working very well with my Transcend 16GB class 10. I had planned to go outside and try it today, but it was raining since the morning. Thus, I made a quick test around my room instead. Here is the video.

24H -2,-2,-2,-2 Canon 35mm f2 (L-mouth)

I think the dark part is a little bit muddy. I'm totally new about GH2, so It might be caused by some of my settings?

• Add 3 sec to the end of your footage before stopping the recording. This will compensate for the "end cutoff" that occurs, I believe, in all GH2 recordings. When I want to Cut, I don't press the stop button yet. Instead, I count "1,000, 2,000 3,000" and then press stop. This gives me 3sec extra run at the end, which will be cut off due to GH2 behavior, so in the end I get my full footage.

• GH2 problem. Had that before the hack too. But could be a player issue too. Did you check in a NLE like premiere if the footage is there?

• Hi guys, I noticed after installing Sanity that when I hit the stop record button, the GH2 will cut off a bit of the end of the footage. Is this a GH2 problem or a hack problem? I'm using Sandisk 16gb 95mbs

• sorry for going off topic....someone asked about my gear when I posted about the sanity hack with the audio hack...

• @sinfafun , this topic is about Sanity ...

• Still wondering what this audio patch does...

• @sinfafun :) Anally speaking, transformers can only work with AC. What you use is a DC/DC Converter.

• looking for a cheap and easy solution to power the GH2 with the dc coupler via a 12 volt battery, I use this little transformer , it puts out about 9.3 volts dc unloaded, and the gh2 seems to love it.....I use a li-ion brick thru a power supply, but if your brick has a d-tap or coax out, that would work too...the transformer will take up to 23 volts dc and out put 9.3... http://www.ebay.com/itm/260900095799?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3658wt_1396

• @moz7ies I have a thread about Vimeo going. Probably best to talk about it there.

Back on topic, Ralph, Most of what I did yesterday was on choppy water which almost always causes problems with other patches in 720P. I didn't have any card issues at all. I need to do some more testing on the audio but it doesn't seem to hurt the reliability of S5 at all.

• Why? Xposure Room is OK, but I think Vimeo is better. Definitely V's embedding options are fantastic with Pro. I use V a bit, and so far so good - what problems did you encounter to the point of firing Vimeo??

• I fired Vimeo yesterday. I had a pro account!

I'm going to try Exposure Room next.

• @peternap Looks like super heavy compression, most likely by that Dailymotion site to conserve their bandwidth. I recommend Vimeo.com, they have Pro membership that gives you an option of better encoding. Also, have you looked at the recommendations for the online video encoding here? (right under the video) walkingad.com

• I spent most of today testing (and most of tonight pulling my hair out) S5 with the audio patch does very well. The compression settings for new hosting sites is another thing. The video clip is razor sharp on the ground but looks pretty bad on line

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqxw0j_3rdtimeout-for-upload_travel

• Yes. Just yesterday I used my GH2 to record a very long video: 3.5hrs straight, in Sanity v5 1080p24. It spanned into four 4Gb files, very good image quality. Even played back in-camera! I used this card: walkingad.com/#SDXC - it is also listed on the SDHC card forum here.

• I've just gone through a whole battery of recording time and before the battery when out power I've got 76 minutes and 31 seconds of recording time at 1080i with spanning after the first 4,29 GB - two archives one of 4,29 GB and one of 1,14 GB (Lens 14-42 original Olympus 4/3 lens from an e510 with Viltrox m4/3 adapter / PAL mode / -2-2-2-2 custom color settings / ISO 100 / I think it was in P mode but I'm not sure about that) in the 8 GB Kingston card I told you guys about in my last POST (It said that it had space for about 23 minutes and 45 seconds on star up).

Can this be possible ? Still over 2,5 GB free card space.