Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How to Film/Direct Non actors or Inexperienced Actors
  • I thought I would put together some of the things that we have learned about working with non actors or inexperienced actors. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any feedback or questions..

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • This is all irrelevant. The only things that matter for films are the equipment used: whether there is pixel binning, 10-bit or 8-bit, animal-eye AF, dual card slots, sensor size, rolling shutter, articulating lcd, an anti-aliasing filter, easy menu system, number and size of pixels, lack of plastics, number of buttons, bitrates, battery life, codecs, RAW, and IBIS. These are what count. Directing, acting, story just secondary. :)

• The dog at end reminded me of what I went thru directing the last short we shot . The producer wanted to be in it (acting) ,with a few rehearsals things seemed like they were going on right track . On location he could not remember a single line ,and he had a few. For me it became a race against time (as the the shot was outdoor) and kind of in the middle of the day. Eventually the shots I had In mind for this scene went out the window immediately, and i started looking at ways to resolve this. In the end alot of takes (he would finish a line ,they pause ,will read the next line to him,try to get them back in the moment and action) . It was one of the toughest things I went thru by far so far in my directing side of things.

• Hahah @markr041 awesomeness!

@sammy Must have been really tough! We often run into this scenario as well when we are filming influencers. Everyone assumes that because they have a huge following that they are actors. Most times they have trouble being in front of a camera or don't speak well in front of the camera. I feel your pain!