Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What do we know about the novel coronavirus?
  • 3274 Replies sorted by
  • Mordor news

Strong rumors surface that offline schools in many regions will be closed permanently and all free education will be moved to distant methods. Most probably lectures and such will be prerecorded, but live ones will be available for some payment. Paid schools for rich must continue working with number of students reduced to 10-12 per one audience and with especial focus on inividual lessons.

• Duh...USa numbers are skyrocketing ...after the protests.... “It’s highly likely, given the increased numbers that we’re seeing that some of this is in fact people who may have been in a crowded situation at one of the protests where there was spread,” she said.... https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/06/22/coronavirus-los-angeles-county-covid-19-cases-community-transmission/

• ...and results were nil. Didn't work. No wonder they want to hide hydroxy under the table .... https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-drug-remdesivir-to-cost-3-120-for-typical-patient-on-private-insurance-11593428402

• @kurth

Well, must be some fantasies (as such forces always think of something so keep being paid top dollar), as they don't have to do anything, people already are doing their job.

• It’s not common to contract Covid-19 from a contaminated surface, scientists say. And fleeting encounters with people outdoors are unlikely to spread the coronavirus.

Instead, the major culprit is close-up, person-to-person interactions for extended periods. Crowded events, poorly ventilated areas and places where people are talking loudly—or singing, in one famous case—maximize the risk.

So, we still will ask people to wear cheap surgical masks (not trying to actually use one themselfs)?

In fact it must be special custom filters and assitance fan located on the belt, slick mask with membrane for normal talks. This is real solution, not fantasy vaccine (at least for 1 year).

• Sickness is going normal, crisis coming

1906, but veyr actual now

sa13593.jpg
    782 x 626 - 72K
  • @Vitaliy...."It’s not common to contract Covid-19 from a contaminated surface, scientists say. And fleeting encounters with people outdoors are unlikely to spread the coronavirus." ...while not being easy to contract corona outdoors is common sense, it's not wise to think you can't get it from physical contact from contaminated surfaces. This goes against the common sense advice of washing your hands. In the nyt article above, they contact traced a patient who got sick from a person passing him a salt shaker. Keep washing your hands, and I'd advise always disinfect any new articles entering your space....and that includes foodstuffs, delivery boxes, water bottles etc etc.

• Some visual depiction of US situation

It is also shortest possible explanation why police not interfered with monuments removals.

• Mordor news

In average for males coronavirus leads to 38% reduction of living spermatozoids. Some amount of males will be sterile after recovering from coronavirus.

• Actual picture

sa13597.jpg
    697 x 875 - 112K
  • @Vitaliy... The Fateful Event....the problem with our predicament is it's impossible to control all events in our lives, unless we're living in that bomb shelter and nobody goes in or out. I've had a number of "events", where I was unprepared, usually causing me anxiety , and a countdown from moment "X". I had one yesterday. I prematurely popped my monthly hydroxy this morning, wondering what dosage India is giving their medical personnel? ....@zcream ....but.... it all leads me to be very skeptical that even with knowledge , we can isolate ourselves sufficiently to 100% avoid contact, without doubts. Alot of people have voiced the idea that corona wasn't a well designed bioweapon, but it's looking just the opposite to me. I wish there was some advice how to avoid "fateful events" but the accidental reality of our social structure , makes those moments impossible to avoid for the vast majority of humans. Corona is an invisible devil wagging his tail in all our faces.

• Improvements

Airbus is set to announce a restructuring involving thousands of job cuts as it deals with the impact of the coronavirus crisis, union officials have said.

Industry sources told Reuters they predicted between 14,000 and 20,000 job cuts, though it remains unclear how much will be achieved through early retirements among Airbus’s 135,000-strong workforce.

• US efficiency

sa13600.jpg
    800 x 532 - 52K
    sa13601.jpg
    800 x 462 - 54K
  • well, now it's safe to assume that hot weather doesn't affect coronavirus. The resurgence of cases in the US are happening where it's hotter'n shxt !

• @mitkoo

And accuracy needs to be high. The prevalence of Covid-19 is estimated at around 5% in the US, and at this low a level the risk of false positives becomes a major problem. If a serological test has 90% specificity, its positive predictive value will be 32.1% – meaning nearly 70% of positive results will likely be false. At this same disease prevalence, a test with 95% specificity will lead to a 50% chance that a positive result is wrong. Only at 99% specificity does the false positive rate become anywhere near acceptable, and even here the chances are that 16% of positive results would be wrong.

Well, it is capitalism. If someone pays for it (usually goverment or insurance company) it will do.

• I find this relevant for the times we are living in...

IMG-20200630-WA0000.jpg
    170 x 296 - 10K
  • New capitalism approach towards coronavirus

Based on local observations and talks.

1. Total control of tests, reduction of actual tests, introducing delays
    2. You must be not able to make PCR test yourself (paid)
    3. Limiting emergency services, telling people in the mid of the summer that it is flu

Overall it is very easy to see and observe how ruling class wants to open everything.

Main media do everything to present people in masks as morons and idiots (despite masks regimen still on).

If April-May outpaced Great Despressing I can't even tell how September-November will look like.

And this time ruling class will be against any closures.

• Mordor news

Largest bank - Sberbank is promoting new service called "SberHealth", it is paid online consultations of doctors with monthly fees and special addition payments.

Main idea is to replace and close free medical consultations you can get now with such paid service while not having real doctors in new city areas or in small cities at all.

Profotability will be main goal of this service, it is possible that in next year almost all consultations will be prerecorded videos that special AI neural network will be showing you based on your question.