Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Z-CAM E1 Camera 100 Mbps hack for 4K DCI (fw v0.31)
  • 382 Replies sorted by
  • @storyboardcreativity thanks for the time and effort

• can the hack do a 2.7K 4:3 mode like the GoPro 5?

• @LPowell

Sure, I'll try. But I can't guarantee a stable work. Wait some time and I'll make a patch.

• Great work, storyboardcreativity! Can you release a VBR patch for 3840x2160 in 30p (and preferably 25p and 24p as well)? I'd also be interested in an All-I patch for 1080p mode in the same framerates. I'll be happy to reciprocate as a Beta tester, if that would be helpful.

• @Greenidge

"does it mean the camera would be able to do 100mbps Intra Frame (All-I) video" - yes, it means. You can get 100 Mbps All-I.

• @Greenidge

Yes, I've done MJPEG and All-Intra patches too. But they now still record in 8bit 4:2:0.

If you need, I can increase bitrate and make All-Intra for any recording mode (now it's done only for 4K DCI 24 fps). My next task is to get 4:2:2 (but I'm not sure it's possible - it will take much time to reverse encode-related code).

• Just downloaded the patch, i see there is an MJPEG patch available too, does this record in 10bit 4:2:2, just curious as the information on the page is not conclusive. It also says that we can combine 2 or more patches to work together, and as there is an All-Intra patch, does it mean the camera would be able to do 100mbps Intra Frame (All-I) video.