Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
BALI, INDONESIA SWIMWEAR SHOOT SONY FS700
  • Still shooting with the Sony FS700 and editing with Final Cut Pro X now. Colour grading in program isn't as smooth compared to Magic Bullet Looks.

Does anyone use Final Cut Pro X and have particular colour grading workflows?

Any critique / comments are welcome. All the best!

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • I think that looks pretty good for Fs700 color! I traditionally have used Color Finale, though the new built in tools are hard to beat in FCPX. If you want to go stylized, ala Magic Bullet, bunch of luts out there.

• Agreed with Magic Bullet, used to use it for everything. Will look into Finale, thanks heaps. And thanks for your time!

• Are you using an external recorder?

• No. It's straight to card. I've exercised pros and cons with straight to card and Odyssey. And in terms of data storage, workflow and ease of handheld, have decided shooting to card suits in 90% of the applications and gives me an image (im personnally) happy enough with.

Thanks!

• Latest: shot on A6300, big difference in cameras. And colour grading straight out of Final Cut Pro X