Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Viltrox electronic focal reducer vs. Zhongyi Lens Turbo II Comparison
  • Viltrox came out with the first cheap electronic focal reducer. I got it because I'd like to use some Canon lenses that have no aperture ring. Sadly, corners are not quite as sharp and there is a little more bulging. Also, inside the adapter is less space because of electronics, and some vintage lenses wont fit without cutting protruding pins.

check out these straight-out-of-camera JPGs from the Sony A6500.

viltrox: viltrox

Zhongyi: zhongyi

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • @fatpig

Any plans for 4K video review? :-)

• Currently ordered the tamron 28-75mm for EOS and an old sigma 28mm 1.8 for analog EF mount. I will post here if they work correctly. If they do, I could imagine some sort of review. Never did one before, what would be important to cover in your opinion?

• quick update. the viltrox wont establish ANY electronic connection to the sigma or the tamron. no aperture control, no autofocus, nothing.

• Its a shame Commlite does not offer a focal reducer with electronics at this point. Is there any other company that offers it at a price below 200$? Commlite electronics work quite well.