Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Why people on a budget are not using the GH2?
  • Hi everybody. First of all I would like to thanks Kiselev for his amazing work and Driftwood, who developed the patch I use. I start this topic as a conversation table, maybe kinda philosophic. I was using a Canon 600D but dirty look and incredible banding frustated me everytime (even being more a content guy that technic super sharpness/film look guy) The thing is, I grabbed a mint Pana GH2 with kit lens with less than 4.000 actions for 200 euros. This camera amazes me. Yeah, yeah, I know, 8 bit 4:2:0, but to me is a STEAL for 200 euros. It just have a very nice VIBE, a great noise pattern that doesn't bother me that much, a dynamic range that it's just ok and the amount of sharpness necessary (even with kit lens). To me, the camera is a tool, I paymore attention to my histories, so, if a camera just do his work for a little money, it's very ok. The thing is that this camera is a gem, don't know why filmmakers on a budget like me doesn't get this stuff for that little money instead of Canon Txi, I think it would be like my case, mainstream opinions makes you buy the Canon (it's true that they got their advantages like sensor, colour gammut...) GH2 it's just awesome.

Simply I wanted to thank the people who developed the hack and the patches and say to the world how much I like this camera, it's unique, go grab one and feel his vibe.

Greetings.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters