Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
CAME TV wireless Follow focus
  • This is a quick what's in the box video of the CAME TV Wireless Follow Focus. It's a great little unit, compact, quiet and does what it's supposed to - adjust focus remotely. I'm finding more uses than I originally thought and I can see it replacing my mechanical follow focus on most occasions.

I intend to make a series of these showing the unit in action and running a couple of tests regarding battery life, repeatability etc.

I have a short film coming up the the next couple of months where the final scene involves a slow track in on a woman on a bench, it's midnight, there's fireworks and she's crying - easy! The FF becomes a necessity here but after playing around with it, there are so many other situations where I can make use of it.

Interviews - the FF can be used to adjust focus during in an interview situation if you haven't got a camera operator to do the job.

Jib - If I plan a jib shot I set the foreground out of focus but with the FF I can adjust focus throughout the move.

I use a shoulder rig on occasion so I might try to set the transmitter up on one of the arms and see what happens.

If there's anything anyone want's to know or a test they're interested in seeing done - let me know.

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • I just checked the CAME TV site and the price has dropped to $780!

• Started moving videos to PV channel

• Second video - follow focus setup

• Here are some field tests PaulI did using the CAME TV wireless follow focus

• Is this a good mid range buy ? In market for a mid level wireless focus system .. also witless monitoring (sdi) (i know can get expensive)

• @sammy

It is quite good. Very usable.

• Ok vk ,how about wireless monitoring ,setting up things for the alexa mini and ursa mini .no hdmi out ..

• Or maybe a good wired sdi monitor (assume cheaper than wireless )

• @sammy

I think best to make new topic. I do not know any cheap SDI wireless stuff.