Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Nominate GH2 Hack for OSCAR in Technical Achievement!
  • You guys deserve an OSCAR for technical achievement!

Quite honestly, the 1080p hacked image coming out of this $800 body GH2 is remarkable, and
    ESPECIALLY the way you achieved it as an international community of developers with hands tied
    behind your back deserves a Documentary !

I've been out torturing @driftwood's 176 GOP 1 patch this morning, and getting solid 1GB/min!
    Thank you guys!
    In comparison, I've been using @cbrandins 66 Mbps for a month which is very good for the data rate.

STANDARDS APPROVAL QUESTION:
    BBC "requires" 50mbit for HD approval, AF100 uses nanoflash to get there.
    The GH2 hack far exceeds this.
    Any chance you can assemble a BBC_TestMeBaby Patch? DiscoveryHD_TestMeBaby Patch?

At worst, the BBC or Discovery Channel might have someone REPLY and say it does or doesn't meet spec,
    and provide feedback!
    imagine: BBC_Approved patch, DiscoveryHD_Approved patch

I REPEAT:

You guys deserve an OSCAR for technical achievement!
    (let's get you guys nominated!!!)

http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/about/awards/technical.html
  • 10 Replies sorted by
  • It made me smile.

Much more smart guys exist who do things magnitudes more important and more complex.

On the other side I still want to find financing to hire good coders and make special distributed reversing platform.
  • You could have big problems trying to finance software only project and especially aimed at reversing :-)
    It'll also won't not have any rewards to backers.
    So, I think it is bad idea.
  • a FUNDED underground documentary on the subject ( like "Exit thru the Giftshop") would be fascinating and worth donating to...

the Villain would be unnamed Corporate Panasonic rep telling you 4:2:2 10mbit would cost $10K and the GH2 is a consumer product, not for PRO use...
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Have you biz planned the idea (ie how much do you need?)
  • @NickBen "the Villain would be unnamed Corporate Panasonic rep telling you 4:2:2 10mbit would cost $10K and the GH2 is a consumer product, not for PRO use... "

hahaha... totally down with this. It could be a great satire-umentary.

Dumb-Panasonic-Rep: "On the GH2, it takes you 5 seconds to switch frame-rates... on PRO cameras it only takes 3. If it's 5 seconds or above, it's definitely NOT PROFESSIONAL."
  • Doesn´t BBC only accepts 4:2:2 material? However.. If one had really nice pictures and knows how to use his toolchain I doubt the guy´s at the entrance would notice the difference..

And yes, you really deserve an Oscar. You turned this little toy into something that can be used to create really high quality moving pictures. It makes me shiver every time I plug the SD into my PC.
  • >Have you biz planned the idea (ie how much do you need?)

Two-three months of two good programmers work :-)
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev and how much $$$ that would be in terms of 2 good programmers for 2/3 months? any idea?
  • @MarkV

Get salary of good programmer and multiply to 2 or 3 :-)
    From 6 to 9 thousands minimum, I think.