Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Entry vs Semi-Pro DSLR
  • Hello. It is so much difference between semi-pro and entry DSLR ?. For example: nikon d5200 vs d7000, d5200 has better low light performance and more portrait color depth, price is almost same. So why is Semi-Pro ,,Semi-Pro´´?

http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Nikon-D5200-versus-Nikon-D7000___850_680

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • All of the D5200/D7100/D5300/D3300 have more or less the "same sensor" it appears. If you're going to do video, I absolutely suggest you pick one of those four. I use a D5200 myself.

The differences mainly coming down to features, such as say having a weather proofed body, or an inbuilt focus motor, or more buttons on the body for direct access without needing to menu dial, or a top LCD panel, etc...

The D5200 is out performing the D7000 due to the newer sensor generation it has over the D7000. But if you're a pro photographer, you might still pick the D7000 due to those extra features which I mentioned.

btw, I am kinda expecting a D9300 and/or D7200 from Nikon this year based on the rumor mills.

• Of course, a pro photographer might also consider the triple-digit or even ... gosh! ... the single-digit models by Nikon. Just a possibility ...

• Pentax k30/k50 Weather sealed, in body stabilization, d7000 generation sony sensor. I know it doesn't have the top LCD and if video is a priority then don't even consider it but for stills - awesome.

And Pentax glass.

And there is a replacement lens mount ring available that allows mounting legacy Nikkor lenses without any type of adapter (as well as other bayonet mounts).