Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Post production sound
  • 39 Replies sorted by
  • Interesting topic ! Ditto whynot

• Perhaps a topic for location sound recording would be useful too.

• @caveport

Problem is not the topic :-) Problem is to find good smart people who'll provide input and such on it.

• @caveport. I will cover some basics of location recording with an emphasis on core concepts but there are tons of great books and online resources, some of which I'll reference as I tackle different sub-topics. Now, whether I meet VK's criteria of a good smart person is another matter entirely but I haven't been banned yet so we'll see how that pans out... ; )

I'm presently refining the structure of my layout and will start the tutorial soon as a new topic to enable a tighter organization of information flow.

• @spacewig Looking forward to this. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. Much appreciated. Very cool.

• @spacewig can´t wait...

• Looking forward to it!

• Can chip in if needed with real world breakdowns of actual programmes from acquisition to TV mixing and Feature post stuff if needed - it's my day job. BBC ITV Ch4 Ch5 Adverts Promos Sky Harry Potter Cold Mountain etc etc. World is a changing in TV audio post, especially rapidly, with post mixers working hard to avoiding the dreaded "FAIL" on QC stage, and having to pay to resubmit to companies geared towards failing your sound to make profit!

Thanks CALM act ;p worked a treat - TV much better now at -23 ahem

• I would guess quality control.

• This topic is very promising!

@spacewig Take your time! Thinking in what you´ll post speakes for good sense!

Cheers!

• @soundgh2 Definitely chip in as you possess valuable information that the overwhelming majority of others, including myself, don't. What's important to me is that fundamental concepts/techniques/methods knowledgeable people such as yourself contribute can be added to the opening posts so they don't get lost among the varied replies.

• Thanks to all for the encouragement, it's certainly more motivating to undertake this endeavor when you know people have an interest in it.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions