Personal View site logo
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • I started testing c1.2. So far, it looks quite stable in 720p, also in 720pEXTele.

Something strange is happening here in 720pEXTele with the lcd screen. The preview is totally muddy and unusable to focus with. Once I hit the record button, it suddenly becomes sharp. Is that a known software bug, or maybe something with the settings??? I never noticed that before, but honestly, I rarly shoot in 720p....

• @Tobsen Thanks for feedbacks, mate! :-)

"The preview is totally muddy and unusable to focus with. Once I hit the record button, it suddenly becomes sharp. Is that a known software bug, or maybe something with the settings???"

With which lens did this problem occur? Although it may be a phenomenon which is possibly different, I am also experiencing the same problem with Panny X12-35 repeatedly. If a camera is rebooted once when such, it will return normally in many cases. I do not understand about a cause. However, I thought that the firm of the lens might be the cause. I need to collect information.

• @bkmcwd I used the 14-140mm. Interesting stuff...thought I is probably firmware.

First good results: Spanning in HBR, and most probably in 720p50 and 720p50ExTele :) No problems so far Later on, some more tests for image quality...

• @bkmcwd Can you help me with a doubt. Is there a posibility that in you incorporate in the new hacks that you are developing some kind of "matrix" or "Curve" that reduces the high contrast of the GH2 image, so we can achieve more alatitude from the native footage. The in post we can put back the contrast... Thanks!

• @Tobsen Thanks for information. :-)

I also think the cause is probably firmware of the portion which is not related to hack. I will collect more information.

"Later on, some more tests for image quality..."

Many thanks for your comment.

• @danielvy IMHO, with 444 matrices by Chris, I think that there will be the possibility. Actually, I realize that more resources are assigned to gradation rather than contrast in this matrix.

• @Tobsen That's a known issue. My opinion is that the hacks use more processor power and causes the display problem and also slows the autofocus a little. There is just so much processor to work with. You'll also notice that with some settings, lockups are much more common with electronic lenses.

• @peternap Thanks for the information. It seems that I had overlooked.

• Isn't the bad quality with ETC on when not recording caused by the sensor running in preciew mode? Or is it worse than this nirnal behaviour?

• @bkmcwd, Thank you for being so proactive with the constant updates of these patches I really appreciate the time and effort you put into making a very stable patch for the rest of us. I am using c1.2 and it is simply amazing for what I mostly use is for, it is my favorite patch as of now, and I am sure your later releases will keep getting better!

• @peternap I must have overlookde that issue since I don't use 720p that often. Your explanation makes sense. Could be the problem.

• @Meierhans

"Isn't the bad quality with ETC on when not recording caused by the sensor running in preciew mode? Or is it worse than this nirnal behaviour?"

I am not sure in detail.

@peternap Do you know in detail about it?

• @abraham1307 Many thanks for your kind comment, and welcome! :-)

Supposing this ETC issue is common in hacked GH2, I will be going to begin C5.1 next.

• @bkmcwd

My impression is that is worse than normal, again, just an impression. I think it is again because everything is bogged down.

A good example of the processor load is lockups while recording. If you are using a slower card, the buffers that were intended to handle the overflow at 17mbs, are overwhelmed at 100 and a log jam occurs. 90% of those lockups are not real lockups, and will cure themselves in a little time. Pulling the battery is just faster.

• @Tobsen same prob here, but switching the gh2 off, and on again works sometime.
    it depends on how "hot" the gh2 is.. for slow focus i am practically 99% sure about that, but its rare
    i use a olympus lens btw........

• @peternap Thanks! I got it. Your explanation makes sense. Only in 24p, an especially high limit is interesting. :-)

• @mozes thanks for the advice.

• @Tobsen Do you think that it should be made a little quieter? Of course, it becomes the trade-off with image quality. Although I am not in trouble so much ...

• Although it is made a little safer, since it has set to the level of the last at which recording does not stop now, I think that it is endless to make it safe more...

• @bkmcwd what do you mean with quieter? So far, I am positive about this version. Gonna make some shots late ron with lowlight. So far the most stable and reliable out of the Valkyrie series ;)

• @Tobsen I am sorry that my English is strange. ;-)

"quieter" means as like "safer" in my thinking.

Supposing recording does not stop, I will think that it is satisfactory at the present version, but it is also possible to make only 720p a little safer.

• @bkmcwd I've been shooting all day with 1.2 in both 720p and 1080 24. I've been using older NIKKOR lenses from 80-200 to 24mm (one of my favorites) Since I live in the woods, that's mostly what I'm shooting in deep shade and bright sun.

No failures or problems and so far, the IQ is great. I need to load boom on the other camera and put both on the same tripod and swap the same lens back and forth.

• @bkmcwd tonight no lock-up either. Files are coming. Same Link.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters