Personal View site logo
Sekonic C-800 Spectromaster

Specs

• Measures LED, HMI, Fluorescent, Tungsten, Natural Light and Flash, from 380 to 780 nm
    • Expanded Color Rendering Properties (CRI, SSI, TLCI, TLMF, TM-30-15)
    • Extended Color Control Parameters (Hue/Saturation, CIE 1931 x, y chromaticity coordinate).
    • Wide measurement range of Color Temperature (1,600 to 40,000K) and illumination (1 to 200,000lx in ambient light, 20 to 20,500lx in flash light)
    • User-friendly design: 270 degrees swivel head, dark calibration without a cap, large 4.3" color touch panel LCD and Customize function
    • Various displays (Text, Spectrum Graph, Spectrum Comparison, CRI, CRI Comparison, SSI, TLCI/TLMF, TM-30-15, Lighting Filter for Rosco© and LEE©, C amera Filter for Kodak Wratten©, LEE© and Fuji©, Multiple Lights Comparison, White Balance Correction)
    • Measurements of Kelvin (K), Illuminance (lux/fc), LB/CC Filters (for Camera Lens or Lighting Filters), LB/CC Index, CRI (Ra, R1 thru. R15), ⊿uv, SSI, TLCI, TM-30-15(Rf, Rg), CIE1931(x, y), Hue, Saturation
    • Up to 99 data measurements can be stored in memory.
    • $1,499 USD
    • ships in December.
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Hmmm,

http://www.argyllcms.com/pro/index.html = $100 AUD + ColorMunki = $ 400 AUD + Android Tablet/phone = $200 AUD

Total = $700 AUD

Shipping NOW! :-O

• @alcomposer

And it'll be extremely unhandy thing (that can't even properly save results still ):-) Checked.

• There is no comparison between an instrument designed for a specific purpose and an app that imitates it. I have a Sekonic L-398 light meter, the last model that has no menu, and on the rare occasions I need it (camera locked down on a tripod or shooting film), its operation is smooth and easy. The apps that emulate it all require a hardware attachment for the phone. The app has to be upgraded periodically. There is some doubt that the phone's sensor responds the same way a dedicated meter would.

I get the part about the expense. But this device is designed for Hollywood-level cinematographers, for whom $1499 is simply part of the cost of doing business. If I were a full-time DP operating at the corporate level or higher, I would pre-order this now.

• @4CardsMan

I think you got it wrong, it is not some emulation. It'll be also spectrometer (even hardware inside is almost identical) as it uses external ColorMunki attached to tablet.

Just not so handy to operate.

We have pair of pro spectrometers and also use ColorMunki for stationary stuff.