Personal View site logo
How to get higher bit-rates and true 24fps with Gh13?
  • Howdie comrades,

(long time reader, first time joiner/poster)

So I came back from London with 4 hours worth of lens-test footage - mostly night-shoots and hand-held. This was my first shoot with my Gh1 re-born as a Gh13 after I applied the hack with LPowell 100mbps settings, with Overall Bitrate set at 108,000,000. I shot everything in FHD AVCHD, on 32GB class 10 Transcend cards. As far as I can remember, my Gh13 never crashed or frose.

The footage looks great, but it's not as "mind-blowing" as I expected.

Once I came back I got a software called Mediainfo (free from SourceForge), so as to check bit-rates, fps etc (great simple software). And I was pretty upset to find out that most of my videos are in 25fps (NOT 24fps or 23.976fps as I expected) and have bit-rates ranging from 15 to 20mbps. Is this normal??? I mean where's the 100mbps? or at least the 50mbps? Am I missing something?

So , how can I make those videos be capturing in TRUE 24fps with bit-rates as high as 40, 50, or even 86mbps, or even higher???

Many Thanks in advance for your advices and suggestions.

PS: a personal message to Vitaliy Kiselev:
    Vitaliy, ti GENIJ!!! Molodchina chto smog vzlomat' Gh1, Gh2 itd. Ti dal mnogo vozmozhnostei massam, snimat nastoyaschee KIHO. Tak derzhat', bratuxa! Salyut ot byvshego Sovka. i ogromnoe SPASIBO!
  • 1 Reply sorted by
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions