Personal View site logo
1280x800 IPS 7" NEWAY CL76HO-X and CL76SDI monitors, amazing
  • 266 Replies sorted by
  • @RKM

LOL. No it is not "ones that didn't survive the quality criteria". Photo is took at certain brightness and certain angle. Plus it is few of big amount of monitors sold via deals. Such leak happen due to panel manufacturing if edges are not tensioned properly.

• @Vitalliy_Kiselev I perfectly understand that this is a panel manufacturing problem but monitors should be checked for this before sending to customers especially that this seems like a known problem. They told me that they will improve quality control but for me it doesn't matter anymore, with brightness all the way down this is acceptable.

• I'm sorry, It was my intention to be more constructive and certainly not to put any negativity on the dealproducts. I am actually near the point of ordering one 7" monitor. The backlight thing worries me a bit among the general value of using a monitor in the field. It already takes to much time to prepare the equipment during a hike. A monitor would gain time with focus and better exposure options.

• @RKM

Thing here is to make more strict panel tests and selection.

• I've got one more question. How does the monitor coop with the conversion of a 1080i hdmi signal to a 720p/800p display. Is the 1080i actually a 1080p stream like with the 25/30p modes? Does it deinterlace or can one experience interlace artifacts on moving subjects? And if it deinterlaces, does it end up with a representative resolution for 720p/800p?

• How does the monitor coop with the conversion of a 1080i hdmi signal to a 720p/800p display. Is the 1080i actually a 1080p stream like with the 25/30p modes? Does it deinterlace or can one experience interlace artifacts on moving subjects? And if it deinterlaces, does it end up with a representative resolution for 720p/800p?

Hmm, interesting question. By idea, all normal monitors make deinterlacing and after this scale as usual, no difference with 1080p.

• From now on each and every monitor offered will be manually tested for spills on different brightness, and ones with not good parameters send back to manufacturing.

• Apologies if this has been answererd, but has anyone used the SDI version of these monitors with the BMCC? Just wondering whether it'll work, the BMCC seems pretty picky where monitors are concerned. Thanks.

• Just wondering whether it'll work, the BMCC seems pretty picky where monitors are concerned.

I see no reasons why it must have any problems here.

• It's because people aren't reading the specs on monitors over there. They are just plugging cameras into anything and then complaining. As long as the monitor excepts 1080P, you're fine. There's been an update to the pocket where other monitors are now working but I'm not 100% on that situation.

• Back in January, pages 2-4 of this thread, we were exploring 2x anamorphic desqueeze settings. It was not possible then. @Vitaliy_Kiselev, I understand that communication with the manufacture was to follow, a view toward possible firmware update.

Has 2x anamorphic desqueeze now become possible with this monitor or other model? Thank you.

• Has 2x anamorphic desqueeze now become possible with this monitor or other model? Thank you.

I think not. As I understand it is issue with user hardware and its limitations.

• Thanks @Vitaliy_Kiselev . Probably wait and see where the Odyssey model(s) unfold with CD's firmware roadmap.

• the Odyssey model(s) unfold with CD's firmware roadmap.

It is different beats by themselves.

I am sure that new models and new features will come to more affordable monitors.

• That's true. Once the CD O7 comes out, it will challenge the outlook for some of the medium to higher priced monitor manufacturers, especially if CD can quickly get the features into their firmware. The O7Q interests me, future firmware, it will record up to 4 cams in 1080p in 10-bit compressed format, all timecode sync, make my post work easier, and I get to hire it out to some clients. Just some thoughts. Thank you for your reply.

• What squeezing ratio can now be used? Up to 1.5x?

• The problem with the BMPCC must be something else than only progressive vs. PsF.

The Ikans and Seetec don't work, while the work just fine on a RED (strictly progressive) or GH2 (PsF). Marshal and SmallHD work.

Anybody can confirm definitely if the Neway works with BMPCC?

• I'd like to know if it will work on the BMPCC also. Cheers

• Got my CL76HO-X today. The build quality looks good. Light and solid.

I like the menu navigator and buttons on the monitor. Nice and easy to use.

However, the color and the resolution aren't that great. Not what I expected but usable.

Will try it on BMPCC once I get my microHDMI cable.

• resolution aren't that great

What is the problem with resolution?

Also do not remember color issues reports.

• Well, compared to my Zacuto EVF Pro, it's quite far from what I'm used to. As they always say "you get what you pay for" :)

Tested on GH2, the color is quite warm.

Overall it's a great usable field monitor so far, especially for the price point.

The only thing I wish is if they could fix the custom aspect ratio to get anamorphic lens desqueezed properly.

• I can confirm the Neway CL76HO works fine on the bmpcc.

• Well, compared to my Zacuto EVF Pro, it's quite far from what I'm used to. As they always say "you get what you pay for" :)

This one I do not understand. Last time I checked EVF Pro is 800x480 viewfinder. So remark about some resolution issues with Neway is strange. Btw picture on low res monitor (or projectors) can look sharper as you see grain and lines between pixels.

Tested on GH2, the color is quite warm.

This is fixable by adjustments. Usually using some test chart.

The only thing I wish is if they could fix the custom aspect ratio to get anamorphic lens desqueezed properly.

Problem is no one advertised them as having "anamorphic lens desqueez" :-) Restrictions to rations arise to used chipset restrictions as I understand and have nothing to do with software or implementation.

• I Just got the CL70 and I'm impressed. The resolution and colours are really great and the menus are simple enough. Nice additions would of been 2:35:1 markers, but overall i'm very pleased. I've found that the monitor doesn't respond nicely to being turned on with HDMI cable already connected to GH3. Instead its best to turn on both monitor and GH3, then connect the cable.

• So what do you guys recommend for 5D mark 3 ?? Did some1 made some tests or its better to wait for new models to come out ?